AMC: The Reason Cady Got Axed!

• Members

This is from a poster on the Scrubs board who has the new SOD:

"Why AMC killed Dixie" is the first story in the late-breaking news section. Two reasons are given, the main one being that they felt they needed to heighten the stakes in the serial killer story. The other, though Julie Hanan Carruthers definitely tries to downplay it, was the budget and the need to cut down on the cast size.

Personally this makes me ill, and JHC must go!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My daughter works in a grocery store and she has already read both. I have never seen my daughter get so interested in a soap to read the magazines but the S/K story and Zoe/Zarf have her so glued that she reads them every time they come out. She called me from work this afternoon and said that the new magazine said this about Dixie. And that Tad and someone else thinks that David is the chief suspect now because Babe gets missed on the threats.

Surely JHC would not go as far to write someone off and then make them a chief suspect in a S/K story. Wouldn't it be more dramatic to still have the person on the show.

• Members

Tad and Jamie idiotically come to the conclusion that David could be the serial killer BEFORE Dix dies, because up until then Babe hadn't been a target, thereby leaving the killer free to go after Babe and get Dix by accident instead, even though David is thousands of miles away, something that Inspector Gadget Sr. knows because HE TRACKED HIM DOWN HIMSELF. However, Babe is an even bigger idiot for believing them!

• Members

This is absoulte idiocy!

Aidan, Di, Sydney (why the hell is Taylor Gildersleeve getting a paycheck), Julia, Jamie, Josh, Sean, Colby, Jeff, KRYSTAL!!!!......THAT'S WHERE YOU CUT THE COSTS AND CAST JULIE!

I'm not saying this is Bobbie's fault or anything, but if one major person had to go then...

There's still a piece missing, which is why they chose Cady. Okay she's expensive, but a half dozen + cheap newbies comes close to one expensive vet.

PLUS can someone please tell me how AMC still has no money despite firing

1. Jill Larson

2. Tonya Pinkins

3. Vincent Irizzarry

4. Julia Barr

5. Teri Ivens (mutual)

6. Connie Fletcher

7. Tanisha Lynn

8. Making David Canary take a huge paycut in November (apparently, and it's reflected in his screentime...or lack thereof)

While OLTL brings back Lindsay and gives Hillary B. Smith, an actress most people has accepted was good as gone, a new 4 year deal...and GH brings back Kin Shriner?

Something's not right in the accounting books at ABC.

I'm steaming mad.

• Members

I could have told you, in fact I did tell a few people David would be a suspect. LMAO if you speak fluent Trashbag, you'd have seen it coming too. David's exit was just so perfectly timed. I wouldn't be surprised if Tad and Jamie go around PV trying to make others (Babe has the IQ of a cotton ball) that David is the murderer. Actually, I think it'll probably re-enforce that belief when Dixie gets offed. David is a lot of things, but murderer ain't one of them. If someone competent were writing AMC, the people of PV would know that.

As for Cady and Dixie, that is the lamest [!@#$%^&*] I have ever heard.

• Members

I still can't believe AMC thought Dixie was soo expendable, yet they keep Krystal and shove Babe down our throats everyday.

Julia's return to AMC has been a disaster IMO. Why couldn't they write her off? Or Jamie? Amanda? Di? Aidan? Jonathan? RYAN!!!

This reeks of B.S.

• Members

This makes me FURIOUS! Incase Frons, JHC, or Mctavish haven't noticed there is plenty of dead weight that is not Dixie. I mean, the person who shouldv'e been fired is Sydney. I haven't seen her that much but I have seen her a little bit and she is horrid.

• Members

This is like MMT and her reasons for Josh being the fetus, " Eh, I wanted a Kane/Martin." JHC about Cady, " Eh, I didn't want the serial killer storyline to be predictable (LMAO) and Cady is a good actress that paid to much, she she was obviously the best choice." If I don't laugh, I'm going to cry.

I think we just saw AMC get dealt the blow that kill it. :(

• Members

I just can't buy the argument that AMC fired Cady for money reasons. If they were looking for ways to lower their budget, why did they woo Cady back in the first place? Looking back, it would have made more sense to allow Di to be the real Dixie. Whatever they are paying Cady, surely Kelly Giddish is getting a fraction of that.

:throwing hands in the air:

Archived