AMC: The Reason Cady Got Axed!

• Members

Julie Hanan Caruthers is a total B I T C H. This hack needs to be fired pronto. She killed PORT CHARLES by killing off fan faves Eve & Karen and other stupid idiotic decisions, now she's doing the same to AMC. It was very likely her decision (at least 50% IMHO) to axe Vincent Irizarry(David) & Julia Barr(Brooke) as well. I think AMC needs to fire Caruthers pronto, and hire a former exec producer or a new talented one and also beg Cady McClain, Vincent Irizarry & Julia Barr for forgiveness and give each of them a raise and new contracts and axe actors/characters that a majority of the audience are sick of, or just are pitiful------Bobbie Eakes(Krystal), Colin Egglesfield(Josh), Melissa Claire Egan(Annie), Lucy Merrriam(Emma), Jeff Branson(Jonathan), Charles Parnell(Derek), Jeffrey Carlson(Zarf/Zoe/whoever), Alexa Havins(Babe), Aiden Turner(Aidan) and Alexa Havins(Babe)------all of these could pay for Cady, Julia & Vincent whom I'd guarantee most fans would rather have on the show than any of those I mention for firing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I don't think she's completely 100% blameless in this. Sorry if this makes anyone mad, but I can't shake the feeling she asked to be paired with TK again, and that probably didn't sit well with the execs. I don't believe she was all that big on Tad and Dixie part whatever, never did since she returned.

I also wonder if they blame her for Dixie's return being a big floppy mess? That was all McTrash.

• Members

Well, I'm not going to go as far as to bring TK or anyone else into the mix, but it's rang to me that AMC wanted something for Dixie/Kate/Tad and Cady balked. It sure seems like there was supoosed to be negoatations. Why all this talk of negoations if she signed more then a one year contract? That doesn't make sense to me. It could be anything, IMO, that would make Cady balk against what they wanted. Maybe they were going to kill Kate or something? I don't know. But something happened before the Emma reveal IMO. Becaue Emma was Kate. There is NO doubt in my mind. That child was cast to play Kate Martin not Emma Lavery. Obvisouly there's pieces of this puzzle we don't know yet.

• Members

From what I have read on other boards, Cady supposedly signed a three year contract. And there was supposed to be an eighteen month story arc leading up to reuniting Tad/Dixie. I do think that Emma was originally supposed to be Kate and I wish they would have stuck with that storyline. Emma being Ryan's daughter sucks. My understanding is that she didn't push to work with TK either. I am not sure if Cady's interview will clear up very much though. She has to be careful what she says if she wants to continue working in the soap industry.

I blame the Frons/Carruthers/McTavish for her firing.

• Members

Yea those are dumb reasons to get rid of her but I figured it had to do with the budget....heighten the suspense of serial killer storyline? It would be just as suspenseful if they killed off anybody if you ask me....why not have the serial killer get Sean, Colby, Sydney, Ryan, and Jonathan? That should free up enough money to afford Cady McClain

Agree that both Julie Hanan Carruthers and Megan McTavish need to go....I say get Francesca James in as executive producer and Kay Alden as head writer

Archived