DAYS: Tuesday

• Members

I am with Kenny, DrewH, and whoever likes Lumi as friends with benefits occasionally, but not a couple. I also love seeing them scheme together, or at each others throats throwing insults at one another but as sappy lovers NO!

I am behind, so I am having a mini DAYS marathon tonight.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got to leave for work, just wanted to say great fight scene between phillip and shawn...very realistic...And i liked Marlena and Kayla interacting, Marlena needs more friends...But i find it funny that the die hard marlena fans can't stand patch and kayla...I swear all they do is [!@#$%^&*] most of the time.....And Linn i don't mean to attack you, i consider you a fan of the show as well as a diehard marlena fan..

• Members

Oh God, I miss those days, too!

I loved how Sami would have a devious idea, but Lucas's devious idea differed from hers a bit and then they'd quarrel about it, only to end up in really close proximity trying to pull themselves apart.

Sami and Lucas should have an agreement that they're friends only, and a romantic relationship would never work. It would make fighting the attraction all the more sexy.

• Members

Isn't it amazing how diehard fans of one supercouple always HATE other supercouples who threaten their couple's popularity and status on the show? They can't just continue to enjoy their couple while being indifferent to another... it's always a case of, "Ugh! Would someone please kill Patch and Kayla? I HAAATE them! Ugh! Would someone please kill Bo and Hope? They'll never measure up to J/M! Why are they always catered to? I hope they die!" The jealousy is astounding and so obvious. They're not even just indifferent... it's raging HATE. That has to come from somewhere! Jealousy is the only thing I can come up with.

I think some supercouple fans won't be happy until every other character on the show is killed off -- except for the ones who are used as a prop for said supercouple. "Kill off Patch, Kayla, Bo, Hope, etc.! But keep Belle... she's a J/M cheerleader! I LOVE Belle."

• Members

There's a small hardcore group (not all J&M fans *waves to Linn*) who refuse to forgive Steve & Kayla for coming back on to the show just as J&M were given 8 weeks off. Their hatred runs wide and deep. But to be fair they (again, that small group, not all) tend to hate anyone they see as taking time/attention from J&M.

(or what Kenny said)

• Members

Yeah GBB I have noticed that. I think alot of it is just fanbase jealousy. They don't want to think that another couple is more important then their couple. It's weird but it's all part of the Days fanbase craziness.

I like LUMI is a couple. I don't love them but I like them. I could accept them with others. I did like them as schemers but that was the past. The characters have to mature sometime. I would like both characters to keep their edges and snippiness. I do hate the sappiness but Lucas and Sami are good for each other. One thing Higley and JER did right was how they wrote their relationship. They were a couple but there was energy there. The bickering and snarkiness was there. We haven't see that in awhile. It's been sappiness all the time. The good news is that with the pregnancy twist it will inject something into their story. LUMI has basically been in ice for most of this month until now. Ali rocked that last scene though when she told Lucas she was pregnant. Great ending there. Good scenes with Sami and Lucas. I would've liked to see more about Lexie/Tek like Abe at the crash scene and all. This suggests Lexie will be returning very soon and I wonder if EJ did run them off the road and kidnap them or something like Sami said.

The dream about John that Marlena had was creepy. Now that kind of stuff I don't mind. The hokiness of the coin going missing last week and then the balcony windows opening and Marlena walking out to the balcony-that stuff was hard to buy. Today though was much better with the dream. Good seeing Marlena/Kayla interact too. Glad Steve's episodes are being focused on.

The on the run stuff is so good. JKJ, BB, and MM rocked today. Claire is so adorable!! I loved the Shawn/Philip fight and Steve knocking Philip out and helping Shawn lock him up. Steve lecturing Belle and Shawn on being on the run was good too. I love how they mention the history with Steve/Kayla being on the run. Philip calling his father was good too. I just hope they keep Victor involved and active now that Philip is here.

Good show though. It's been a good week so far.

• Members

Oh yeah they can scheme but it won't and can't be what it was before. That is whay I am saying. It can't be about getting stealing another man or woman from someone. Keep them as a couple and have them stir up trouble together and that is fine.

Higley and JER had the right thing going with them before the Stan and Carrie/Austin stuff. They had the bickering, angst, stubborness, etc and that is what makes them good. I like them now but the sappiness is a bit too much and annoying after awhile. If not for this pregnancy, there would be no conflict at all. They need to get back to what we were seeing with them from 2003-2004. That was great stuff and it would really make all the difference.

• Members

I never understand this logic of mature people not being schemers. There are plenty of mature schemers on daytime. Adam, Kendall, Stephanie, Carly, Ric, Dorian, David, Phyllis, Jack, etc. And that's just thinking off the top of my head of each show on the daytime line up. What was immature about Sami was that she constantly wanted her parents together, or she was going after Austin. Sami is a self-centered person and her scheming to ensure her happiness is not immature. And Lucas used to be the biggest schemer of them all. He went from being a mama's boy, to a full-fledged scheming partner, to a scheming drunk, to a scheming father, to a completel love sick puppy/cry baby. Now, most of Lucas' life, he's been a schemer and Dattilo is good at it. Happy scenes do not work well for LUMI.

• Members

True. For some strange reason, there are lovers loving LUMI :unsure: I can still vent about the destruction of my all-time favorite two characters on DAYS, the two characters that I first caught a glimpse of when I watched my first episode of DAYS. *SIGH*

• Members

Lucas and Sami can still scheme, but they should be mature about it. None of this stealing other people's SO's and high school crap like that.

What Sami's facing now, lying to everyone about what really happened between her and EJ to keep her loved ones safe is more on par with a more matured, but still uncertain Sami. Not trying to reunite her parents or pulling the junk that Chelsea has done.

I don't mind them together, but they're not a big favorite of mine.

• Members

I just watched on SoapNet.

LOVED that ending with Sami and Lucas! Very dramatic, even though I knew it was going to happen. I love how Hogan didn't show us Sami taking a pregnancy test beforehand... made her confession to Lucas that much more unexpected. You expected her to tell the truth about the rape, then she sideswipes you with that news instead. Great stuff! Ali Sweeney has been on a roll!

Archived