ABC Adresses Cancellation Rumors.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I'm going to make up a little mock up of what DAYS' opening would be like on ABC. No doubt the hourglass would be altogether ignored and can you imagine what they'd do to the "like sands through the hourglass..." voiceover!

• Members

Nah, the hourglass would appear for a split second (if that) at either the beginning or end. All of the vets except Maggie and Alice would likely be canned (except the supercouples) and focus would be totally shifted towards the younger crowd with the supercouples as their props.

I pray to god DAYS doesn't go to ABC.

• Members

ABC is smart. They probably will cancel a soap in 2009 or so, but they don't come out and say it's a dying breed. Unlike the morons on NBC who are like "Yep. You might as well stop watching because the next two years are a waste of your time!"

• Members

Sorry, but I think the AMC opening is the BEST opening of ALL the soaps.

Bar none.

Sometimes I watch it twice when I'm watching my tape. The opening is THAT good.

**I should mention: it's especially cool because of Zarf's inclusion in the opening. That's just a character and a look you will NOT see (and would NOT see) on any other soap but great AMC.

• Members

I know! Why would any new viewes bother tuning into Days if they know that the network is about to cancel it? And why would affiliates keep it on their lineup if they know it's getting the axe? The idiots shot themselves in the foot! I'm glad to know the truth, though.

Passions leaving sucks for Days. There's no sister soap to grab crossover viewers. At least they aired a Days promo every day during Passions to lure over some other soap fans. Now, there's going to be no other soap on the network... and therefore no soap viewers watching (other than those already watching Days) to try and lure. When Passions is gone, they probably won't even air their daily Days promo anymore.

We're so nutted on.

• Members

I'm still worried though. TPTB at ABC aren't nearly as stupid as the ones at NBC (then again, they are keeping Frons employed, so...). Even if they don't spell it out for us, they could still easily be planning to axe one of their soaps. But I hope that's not the case.

• Members

By 2009, Maurice B's Sonny will be the Linda Dano (Rae) of the new generation and he'll be appearing on ALL of ABC daytime's soaps. Sonny's "coffee" organization and shops will be set up in Llanview, Pine Valley and also Salem and he will hold important weekly business meetings with all the major baddies. Come sweeps, The Fronz will have the biggest hardon EVER as all four dramas will have one major violent storyline where a new vet will die tragically each hour.

As for The View, Ivanka Trump's arrival may signal the end for Rosie Ohhhhh while Elisabeth Quarterback will return from her tenth maternity leave to face off with her new on-screen rival, Paris Hilton. Barbara Walters will appear via web cam from her nursing home where she can only watch CBS.

Archived