DAYS: "Unlikely to continue past 2009..."

• Members

If the networks don't want the soaps and make no interest to at least pretend otherwise, they should go to cable outlets. SoapNet could be revamped and be the carrier of the remaining soaps.

But I think Days will got to ABC with OLTL being cancelled.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days might be FIRST place in 2009, for all I know.

But as long as FIRST place is only 2.3, that's not saying much.

Regardless of its position in comparison to others, a low rating is still a low rating.

The ratings that the entire daytime genre are getting today are as bad (or worse) as ratings that would've gotten a soap cancelled only ten years ago.

• Members

God, this sucks!

If Days gets cancelled, it's not going to be the same as a primetime show getting cancelled.

For one thing, it's been on the air for nearly 45 years. But aside from that, cancelling Days would be cancelling the genre on NBC as a whole. It would be like NBC getting rid of all their comedies, or all their dramas. Viewers would be furious if they just randomly decided, "We're going to get out of the comedy business, so we're going to cancel all the funny shows." That's exactly what they're doing to the daytime fans. Ugh! Ugh, ugh!

• Members

I'm still just sad and furious about this! It was just getting good again!!!! And, I....why....I couldn't imagine my life without Days! I've been watching it every since I was a toddler! What did I rush home from school to see everyday? Days. What did I look forward to on weekdays when the day was horrible? Days. For as long as I can remember Days was in my life!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just so painful, and even though I knew this day would come and I was really prepared for it to be cancelled last year I would be crushed if it actually happened. :(:(:(

DON'T DO IT NBC!!!!!!

As for the other soaps, I wouldn't be suprised if ATWT and GL were gone too by 2009. :( And AMC and OLTL would probably be gone too, and I doubt GH would survive being a one soap on a network, so that would leave only two soaps: Y&R and B&B.

• Members

Thanks for the link to the article, Kenny. This is sad news, but I can't say that I'm surprised. I've had the feeling that NBC was serious about getting out of the soap business for a while now. I guess I don't have to worry about the ratings report each week anymore. NBC has already decided to cancel Days in 2009 if not before that time.

It's going to be so strange not to see Days on the channel lineup at 1 pm. No Alice, no Marlena, no John, no Bo, no Hope, no Sami..... This is it!! Wow!!

I hope that Corday considers releasing Days' dvd tapes when the series ends. It could be a potential money maker for him and I'm sure that fans would love some type of commemoration of the show. There's going to be a lot of nostalgia even from ex-fans, when NBC cancels Days....

I just hope that Hogie will continue to write compelling drama for the next 2 years or however long NBC chooses to air Days. I'm just going to appreciate that the show when I can while I can. For the most part, Days had a good run and I hope that it'll go out on top!!!

• Members

That's VERY true. NBC has been struggling as a network overALL for years. They have failed to make big strides barring Deal or No Deal and Heroes. If things in the day part are that bad, their primetime market must be that much as well. So they may be completely out as we know it. At least ABC and CBS can't say that.

• Members

Why would Zuker say that? I mean it makes no sense (not that anything NBC has done makes sense) but REALLY? Will fans continue to invest in a show that they now know won't be on in 2 years? They could have persuaded all the PSNS fans to start watching DOOL. They are so retarded. LOL, Passions is cancelled and all we STILL care about to discuss is Days!

• Members

Zucker has just given DAYS a death sentence.... but what if Zucker gets fired soon? What if NBC management completely changes? It is possible that DAYS will pull a Sami and be reprieved at the very last minute in the chair. Kenny (and everyone), don't give up hope now, SO much stuff could change between 2007 and 2009.

Archived