My DARLENE CONLEY video tribute

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GOD I MISS HER!!

I remember when I was a kid, I would put a red shirt on my head and pretend it was a faux-wig, and I should strut myself around as a pre-teen drag queen, acting like I was Sally muthafunkin Spectra!

SHE IS THE REASON I AM GAY! And I am so thankful to her!

Okay, she's not really the reason, but still. She's some of my earliest flamer memories.

• Members

i chose the song because i found Nicole's rendition haunting and moving, what i only just found an amazing coincidence is that the Mustang Sally scene featured in the montage is SO SIMILAR to the Moulin Rouge sequence where Satine, Nicole's character is dancing around to entice the suitor. Then it hit me how similar the characters are!

I'm sure it was Darlene's doing ;)

• Members

Good-bye "Red." Good-bye "Mustang Sally." Farewell Darlene Conley.

Thanks for putting this wonderful tribute together, Marland. It's always a pleasure to watch Conley perform To witness her humor, wit, charm, and soul. Whether she was playing Sally Spectra, Rose DeVille, or any of her many, always entertaining, scene stealing roles. I always get a kick out of catching her episode of "Little House on the Prairie" on the occasional morning that it airs.

There's nobody else like her and few that one can say OWNS every scene, every frame that she's in. If you watch B&B, you'll notice that even when she's one of many in the background, she's never the background. Unless you lack a pulse, your attention goes directly to her. And it was never distracting and always with purpose. Darlene Conley is truly special and we're all very lucky to have been able to share that everytime she was on our screens.

Thank you, Darlene Conley, for offering us your gift to make us laugh, cry, smile... to be entertained, and you will be missed.

• Members

Thanks for that beautiful and touching tribute. She was such a beautiful lady and I loved watching her on B&B. I'm still bowled away by DC's passing. May God bless her family and friends during this time of pain and sadness. OMG I'll never forget the eppy in which Darla accidentally booked Sally, Clark and herself on a small cramped plane full of birds! It was so funny it brought tears to my eyes!!!! Also, the time when she was going bankrupt and thought it was the end of Spectra Fashions, so she gathered all her friends/colleagues together and decided to go out with a bang! Things turned out okay, but Sally's attitude was memorable. :)

Archived