Days:New Promo clip

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The light seems pretty dim on your agrument, so just who is blind? These laws you preach of apply to Philip as well. He's an accomplice to kidnapping and paying off officials. Everything Philip has done to attain custody of Claire is illegal. The only ones running around willy-nilly making their own laws are Philip and Victor. Your blinders make your argument completely ridiculous and hypocritical.

• Members

Uh....no body cast, sorry, just bandages on his face. Last time I checked going along with an illegal plan makes him an accomplice :rolleyes:

He was perfectly capable to communicate with Victor to tell him it was okay to kidnap Max and Mimi just don't hurt them and he had no trouble communicating with Victor to let Kate go along with them to Montreal. He was aware of ever part of Victor's plot and conspired with him.

• Members

Yeah, he could communicate. But was there a way for him NOT to be an accomplice?! This was practically forced on him, now I know he does want Claire, but in a way he has done nothing wrong. Yeah he was aware of Victor's plot, but could he not be aware of it? Victor was the one telling him all of it and he was the one who took Philip back and hid him. Philip couldv'e done nothing if he tried.

• Members

Now I agree, from a realistic standpoint, that running off with Claire is worst thing they could do.

But, we're in Salem. When does anyone do the right thing? And besides, this is shaping up to be pretty great, imo. I'm glad to finally get to see JKJ's face again.

• Members

And just what is stopping Philip now? Forced on him? Like hell! Everything Victor did was with Philip's consent. Every scene where Victor told Philip of the plan, he agreed. It's utterly ridiculous to think that Philip was going along with this against his will.

• Members

The original comment was "Philip has done nothing wrong YET." Obviously, if he does have intentions to leave the country with Claire, that is seriously wrong. Especially, when the court order would surely stipulate that Claire is not to leave Salem without court consent. That would make him a fugitive the same as Belle and Shawn will be, but Belle and Shawn would be in the worst trouble as they not only would defy the court order but would add kidnapping and fleeing the country. It's a ludricous story but can be an interesting one if you can suspend reality and get into fantasy. Frankly, soaps don't work unless they do have a certain amount of reality....or at least that is what I've read.

Here is my argument with this custody case. As far as we know, Philip and Belle are still married so why is there a custody case anyway? If they are petitioning for divorce and custodial rights, that would be sensible. Then Belle and Philip would have a reason to be in court over the custody of Claire instead of this madeup unfit parent case. Also, then it would be either Belle or Philip would win. Shawn doesn't and shouldn't even figure in at this point since he neglected to file his own petition to be named as Claire's father. It's just all wrong. But it sure has got a lot of discussion.

• Members

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Jean's logic is seriously screwed up.

Shawn and Belle should have sued for sole custody. Shawn did petition for custody, but dropped it when he thought Belle and Philip were going to stay together. This shows that he did not want to break up the the family, even though he had legal rights as Claire's natural father. He didn't know Belle and Philip were going to break up and that Philip would leave. It was only a matter of time before Shawn and Belle would get together to make a united family for Claire (and since I last checked, a mother and father committed to their child and to being a family is about as moral as you can get, so spare me the line about moral decay).

As for Philip, he could have indicated to his Victor that he wanted to see Belle while he was still bandaged up and that he wanted to try to save their marriage, but he didn't. In some way, he is an accomplice, because he is readily allowing Victor to use whatever means necessary to get Claire, including hiring that kidnapper. And since he is also planning to take Claire out of the country, this also shows he has no regard for Belle's feelings. Shawn is another story because those two have had a rocky relationship for some time, but he did love Belle and considered her the love of his life.

To take away her child, where she might never see her again shows that he is siding with Victor and this has turned him from a good guy to a bad guy. He's been injured from Iraq, has a new face, and is extremely bitter---he's not the most stable man to care for a baby. Unlike Shawn, he has no real positive influences around him. His father is an intimidator who resorts to criminal tactics to get what he wants, and his mother is a manipulator who also has resorted to criminal tactics to get what she wants. For anyone to think that Claire is better off with that in her life, I think some therapy is in order.

• Members

Oh yeah....... let's nominate Philip for Father of the Year! He threw his biological child with Mimi out like yesterday's trash. Why doesn't he ever mention that child? Does he only care about Claire because she is his child with Belle? Shouldn't he give the baby he fathered with Mimi a chance to earn his love also?

Yeah....... he's Father of the Year material alright! <_<

• Members

More accurately, Bree, check your facts. Shawn does not have legal right YET as Claire's natural father. The judge, in this farce of a custody suit. told Shawn that he needed to go to court to have himself declared the natural father. His name is not on the birth certificate and if you read the laws concerning these mixed up cases, they are governed by state laws thereby differing a bit from state to state but every state takes into consideration the child's best interest and that doesn't mean that Shawn would win his petition just by filing the paperwork. It's much more complicated than that. So do a little checking and have some backing for your statements.

What I remember Shawn doing was consult with Frankie to take his case for divorcing Mimi. He probably/may did ask him to do what he had to do to get Claire for him, but in typical Shawn logic, when he overhead Belle talking to Carrie, he thought she said she didn't want him to be in their lives so he took off.....same way Philip did, but, in the case of Philip, he actually heard it straight from the horse's mouth, face to face, eyeball to eyeball that there was no guarantee for him. That is when he decided to leave and let Shawn and Belle work out the next move.

Up to that time until he reappeared in the mummy suit at Victor's, we don't know what he did and what his long range plan was or why he decided to reclaim Claire.

• Members

It floors me that anyone would think Phillip has a legal right to gain custody of Claire. Like it was mentioned during the trial, Victor made the lie of omission. He knew Shawn was Claire's father, but he chose to keep that information to himself. That should be enough to show what his true intentions are in this whole thing.

So, just because Shawn didn't know Claire was his for a year, Phillip has more rights towards her? Phillip's on the birth certificate, but it's not because Shawn chose not to be a father. Shawn had no idea he was the father. And because of this deception, he's supposed to sit back for the rest of his life and let Phillip pose as her father? That's just dumb.

Also, it's not like Shawn and Belle are low-life criminals who physically or mentally abuse their child. They aren't illicit drug users. They aren't raging alcoholics. Claire isn't dirty or neglected. She has enough to eat. They have strong ties to two upstanding families. There is absolutely no reason why Claire should go with Phillip at all. Shawn's anger issues (which he DOES have) never involved Claire. He was out of line numerous times, but there isn't enough there to justify Claire being taken away. It makes no sense whatsoever.

• Members

Unfortunately the law is the law and it's not based upon what a person wants but what the law desides is the best of all possible conclusions.

Read this very difficult to read, very, very long discussion from the State of Florida. States are very generally the same with some variances.

http://www.law.fsu.edu/Journals/lawreview/...etxt.html#FNR15

Have fun............

Archived