Days:New Promo clip

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great promo.

But I can't help but think how much more compelling this story would be if Phillip were Belle's biological father. As it is, the story is too one-sided for me, and it loses some suspense. Phillip is clearly in the wrong on this one and no matter how messy it gets in the short-term, everyone knows there's no way Claire would end up with him in the long run. If he were her biological father, there would be some real conflict among viewers over who she should end up with, and some real tension/suspense as to how the story would play out.

As it stands, it's so obviously just a road block that it's hard to get too invested. Entertaining, but not gripping.

• Members

If Philip were Claire's biological father....yes it would be....however ask any adoptive father if his infant isn't the same as biologically his. This is a Shelle story and I deplore it for that reason. Why, in soapdom, do the writer's have to trash one side of a story in order to pimp their real story? I'm just not a soap fan period because I cannot accept that mentality. Philip has a right to Claire, more so than Shawn because he is the legal father. But, Shelle fans are blind to the fact that there are laws set in place to hold order in this world and folks cannot run around willy-nilly making their own laws. What chaos. It's a soap so it's OK to break laws. How much has the morals of our country been debased due to soaps leading the way? Like or not, it affects your judgement. Just read some of the remarks made about my very clearheaded thinking. I laughed and feel like crying at the decline of moral judgement.

• Members

Absolutely not. Use your imagination. Philip believed he was Claire's biological father so that was a comparison. Using the term adoption was to show that the biological tie has nothing to do with the feelings of the man. Philip's name is on the birth certificate making him the legal father (in crude terms.....her legal custodian as a minor child) so what happens to Claire is definitely as much Philip's legal concern and right as Belle's. Study a little about legality.

As far as I have seen, Philip hasn't done anything wrong. However, I don't agree with the backhandedness of Victor. That is wrong.

• Members

I'm not talking about Phillip's feelings though. I meant in terms of the legal system. If he were Claire's biological father and therefore the court system might actually give him long-term custody, I just think it would add a much-needed element of tension to the story for me.

• Members

You CAN NOT watch soaps and look for morality because it just isn't there. Morals and soaps in the same sentence is an oxymoron. I couldn't enjoy soaps if I wanted to see good clean morals being thrown around. People watch soaps for the sex, affairs, ruthlessness. etc. because these are things that people can't get away with in real life without some kind of punishment. That's why soaps are guilty pleasures.

As for the promo, I can't wait to see this play out on screen. I'm a little torn because while I don't think it's right for Shawn and Belle to have there daughter taken away from them, Phillip is Claire's legal father and them "kidnapping" Claire will most certainly not look good in the eyes of the judge who will see all Victor's points and have no problem giving Phillip full custody of Claire. Shawn hasn't even taken the steps to have himself noticed as her legal father. But the way Victor has gone about this whole thing was just wrong.

• Members

I do agree Phillip has done nothing wrong in this situation so far, but neither have Belle or Shawn. First of all Belle and Shawn had no clue that Claire was actually theirs and thats the sole reason Phillip's name is on the birth certificate. Why would Shawn or Belle think otherwise as they had no recollection of conceiving a child. If Shawn knew he was the father all along none of this would have happened, not to mention Victor knowing for almost a year that Shawn was the father of Claire. I blame this entire situation on Victor and whoever else knew Claire was Shawn's not Phillip's.

• Members

I can't blame Philip for wanting to be part of her life even if he is not her biological father. He did raise her for the 1st year of her life but I don't like that they want to take her away from Belle and Shawn entirely because she is their child. Yeah, Shawn can do some crazy immature things at times but he has improved alot since finding out he had a kid and it didn't take long for him to drop the hooker like a bad habit. You can't say the Philip running off with no word wasn't immature either.

Anyways, this week looks action packed compared to the last two weeks which have been on the slow side.

Archived