Trump vrs. Rosie

WTGH

• Members

I'm with Rosie all the way on this one. Finally we get an out gay person on TV 5 days a week! I know she's been a hypocrite in the past but not so much now and I love how she eviscerates straight (male dominated)hypocrisy --- i.e. Donald Trump! I don't necessarily like her but she's OUT THERE, unlike Ellen (forgot I'm gay) Degeneres.

And no, I don't worry that she might be giving all "Gay" people a bad name.

Does Donald Trump give all straight people a bad name?

Does Oprah give all CLOSETED lesbians a bad name?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But what's the matter in that? For all we know that may have been one of the major reasons that "The View" was created. It's an excellent promotional vehicle that offers more than the traditional 20 or 30 second promo provides. Barbara also has shown extended clips of interviews prior to their premiere on "The View." It's an excellent example of synergy and wise marketing.

About the feud, I was SHOCKED when "ET" reported that Barbara called Donald "pathetic."

Has she ever spoken openly about someone like this? I mean, in a negative way? Because I can't recall a TV personality of her caliber RAILING against someone like this. It's just so shocking. WOW.

• Members

If that is the case, then I stand with Babs. Come ON, people. This is television, not church. It's like "Survivor." Backstabbing and manipulation to intrigue and hike ratings. And ratings, after all, is the name of the game. I applaud Barbara, if true, for orchestrating this incredible publicity machine. Shows the woman still has plenty of smarts, despite her age.

• Members

what does it matter that she's a lesbian in this whole debacle? She's done nothing close to eviscerating straight male dominated hypocrisy. She has infact spent more time lowering herself to the petty catty behaviour stereotypical of any ordinary woman with her constant attacks on female celebrities and their weight issues. And she's certainly not the only one telling it like it is, and calling out the lunacy of the current political structure on The View. And last I checked ... Ellen's not made it a secret she's in a relationship with Portia deRossi.

• Members

Doesn't matter that it's television, it's not some unscripted gameshow. This is a real workplace, and the boss is a huge [!@#$%^&*].

I just don't understand how there can be any doubt in people's minds after the Star Jones incident. Barbara tells Star ABC doesn't want her back, tells her she can say whatever she wants about her departure, can make up any lie and she'll back it up. Thus keeping The View look very nice a gratious. Meanwhile, Star puts a huge kink in that plan, and decides to tell the TRUTH - and Barbara's betrayed? She tells her she can say whatever she wants about her exit, and she does, and now she's betrayed??

And now she's privatly conversing with Donald Trump that she can't stand Rosie, and that "don't get in the mud with pigs" line is totaly a Barbara Walters comment. For someone who's been in the business for decades, and mingled with the richest businessmen and the worlds most powerful officials - i'd expect more from her than to get trapped in something so high school-esq. She should have known Donald would spill all about what she's been saying behind Rosie's back. People always talk about what one person's saying about someone to another person. And now it's byting her in the ass.

• Members

I dont think it's biting her in the ass. OF COURSE she should have known the Donald would quote what she said behind Ro's back -- but that's the point. Because he would write about it, she'd deny it, Rosie would call her out on it and she would lie and stage a great united front against Donald on "The View." It's pure genius.

• Members

I think the whole thing is hilarious in a sad way....

Here you have two people that feel the need to one up one another via the media to feel good about themselves... Sometimes I seriously think that a majority of the people in this world don't know the meaning of respect; they demand folks to respect them, cater to them, kiss their asses, and shower them with compliments that swell their egos even more...however, they can't even muster up a little respect anyone else's way.

I've never been a fan of either Donald Trump or Rosie O'Donnell, so, I guess that's why I find them both sad individuals.

• Members

I hope this continues if only to give Conan O'Brien more material. I about pissed myself when he tried starting a feud with Joy Behar and Max Weinberg started a feud with Elizabeth Hasslebeck, but neither of them could remember her name so they referred to her as "that blonde chick from 'The View.'"

Archived