ATWT: Head Writer Jean Passanante

• Members

Ok, Katie's obsession over Mike and getting revenge on Simon does NOT QUALIFY AS ROMANCE LADY!!!!!!!! Romance is when two people equally love each other. NOT OBSESSION LIKE KATIE IS SHOWING!!!!!

Carly also is obsessed with Simon. She just wants his c*&^%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that it's all a matter of opinion. Her opinion is as good as everyone else's, so I'm not going to call her a demonic liar, nor am I going't imply that she's on drugs.

BUT.

When you're the headwriter of a soap, you can't make decisions based on YOUR opinion. Everyone has an agenda when it comes to soaps, even the fans, and her job, I think, is to let agendas go and let things happen NATURALLY. It should all be natural. I don't want to see Lisa just to see Lisa. I want her to have a natural reason to be seen. Same goes for every other character on the show.

• Members
Saying that you love to tell multigenerational storylines and seeing what we see on ATWT is a pure lie. It's not her opinion, it is a lie. Just like she lied last year when she said Margo was getting a big story and it was the slasher. Just like Hogan lied when he said he loved Tom and Margo (and proceeded never to use them) or when he said he couldn't use Lisa because she had no family although she had several family members on contract.

Well I think this is really obvious and she has failed miserably at it. Nothing happens naturally, ATWT is more plot driven than a Law and Order show. They constantly drive characters to the edge (and beyond) only to recton to fit their next story. The veterans are written as extras with no personality and there is zero balance.

Sorry, but I can't say a single positive thing about her. She is a total and complete liar, a terrible writer and she's ruining a soap that is up for renewal soon. If they ratings keep going down CBS isn't going to say, "wow lets keep it!" And once you lose enough of your audience it will be incredibly difficult to get those viewers back. Just look at DAYS.

• Members

Actually....demonic, drug-popping liar works for me.

Look, I get that all HWs have their clunkers. Doug Marland was a GOD, who managed to give like 35-40 contract players meaningful, connected stories, every year. But even he had disasters. JP doesn't have a CLUE about what "good" storytelling is. Or she doesn't ever tune in to her own show to see how things translate on to the screen. To praise Courtney Sherman's work in keeping the stories LOGICAL, is the epitome of how disconnected JP is. The truest thing has to be that her scriptwriters offer up "solutions", because it shows up every day coming out of the character's mouths...the flip-flopping on motivation is staggering. Obviously, because JP hasn't thought one overall explanation up when she writes it.

• Members

I prefer a slow story with all the beats played but that is NOT what she is doing. She is creating mini story after mini story for Paul, Emily, Meg, Dusty, Katie, Carly, etc so that it all meshes together in what seems like one big never ending storyline. In her mind these characters have had several stories this year. To some degree they have. The problem is that they go from one story (even career) to the next with no time off and no time to refect. They are seriously overused and burnt out.

Someone needs to ask her about balance because she is severely lacking.

Archived