ATWT: Head Writer Jean Passanante

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really? Then why the H^ll has her storylines gone forever? They have dragged out so long. She is not writing stories quickly. She is giving us the same garbage and telling it rather slowly! GMAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This angers me so much! I hate being lied to!!!

• Members

To which none of ATWT's storylines are unfortunately :( I totally agree with you though if the three factors you listed were to happen the story would be good IMO, without those factors long drawn out stories are just really boring.

Take the Katie/Carly/Simon storyline for example it is a long drawn out storyline, but the storyline was not well planned out(per the words of Maura West herself, storyline was changed because of her pregnancy), plus there have been zero twists and turns in the story, just the same dialogue for months on end, and it is not entertaining or compelling at all.

• Members

Exactly. If the ride is fun, who cares? You're having fun! As long as things are happening along the way, there's no problem.

It's only when they take a story that should really only last for a month and drag it out for six months by adding in lots of filler with no substance along the way that it becomes a problem.

If your story is GOOD, it knows no length. If a story is bad? Lord knows it'll drag.

• Members

That definitely applies to pretty much everything on ATWT in the last 6-7 months.

I wouldn't mind the stories being long in length, but the fact that not a single one of the storylines that Passanante is dragging out is entertaining just makes me want them to be over all the more.

• Members

If we're seeing the retooled, improved idea then I can't imagine how awful Passanante's original stories are. :(

Shock!

You evil demonic liar! MULTIGENERATIONAL?! Hogan/Passanante's ATWT? She needs to lay off of that rock!

Tom, Bob, Lisa - Extras

Nancy - Wasted on Katie

Margo - Wasted on kids

Jessica, Kim, Susan - Barely extras

Who is this woman trying to kid?! By multigenerational she must mean Lily/Luke/Faith. The woman is an idiot and a complete liar. Reading such a positive interview like that doesn't make me happy. You don't see ABC sending McTavish or Higley on interviews praising their work. Not good!

• Members

This is new, it's coming out in the 1/16 issue, and MeanJean specifically mentions her daughter naming Natalie, Sage and Ethan. (Lilden's latest baby...) Naming Sage came out in a blurb not too long ago...at least I know who to blame. It's not that Sage hasn't grown on me. But the double "S" sound is going to drive people nuts when she actually gets a story.

Digest: Do you ever stop and think, "We have to slow this romance down, stretch it out"?

Passanante: Yes. I think sometimes the important thing is that we have to show the romantic and emotional value, not just the story.

This is bleeping hilarious!!! There's ROMANCE on the show????? With EMOTIONAL value? WHERE???? IN THE NAME OF GOD, WHERE???

Oh....AND THEN she specifically says she likes writing "romantic intrigue"...which is what she calls the Jack/Carly/Simon/Katie/Henry/Vienna etc. story. (I'd hate to be Mark Collier, aka "Etc".....) So....she considers DESTROYING each and every relationship these characters have with each other "intriguing"????

This woman is a delusional HACK. So, suddenly the writing for Katie makes sense. Boy, at least when Hogan gave an interview, he knew he was full of sh*t.

• Members

I don't understand why writers feel the need to boost themselves. The one thing I loved about Bill Bell, other than his great writing abilities, was that he was able to admit his mistakes.

Seriously, where do they find these so called writers, when I can read better fanfics on message boards?

Archived