ATWT: Carly/Simon/Katie/Jack/Henry

• Members

Ok, I have 200% totally had it with this storyline, I can take the junk that is given us everyday with Craig, and Will and Gwen, I don't like it but I can deal to a degree, but I have totally had it with this repetitive stupid junk of a storyline for Carly/Simon/Katie/Jack/Henry. I mean really how long has this storyline been going on for now??? and when was the last time there was even any movement in the story, other than a little tinny bit here in the last week, and even this looks like it will be drawn out for weeks, I mean are Carly/Simon/Mike ever really going to leave it seems like they have been leaving the show for months, but instead we keep getting stuck with this same storyline month after month where nothing ever changes at all.

This storyline has totally killed the character of Carly and that only gets worse by the day it seems, The character of Katie is now hated by most fans, and I am not talking about love to hate, I mean HATE. And most fans never want to see Simon return again.

I guess what I am asking is can anyone really explain to me what the point of the last six months of these characters being shoved down my throat is? And does anyone really think the ending of this storyline(when it ever get here) will have been worth the 6 months of boredom and the complete destruction of 3 beloved characters of this show?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would answer no to all of your questions. Simon's returns get worse everytime he comes back. I think it all has to do with PL not staying for very long. Although he was on for a whole year and was wasted. I wish Simon would have fallen for Katie again and then took off with her somewhere when his contract was up. I think that would have pleased most fans. Instead, we got this garbage of a storyline. Carly is not being Carly. Simon is a jerk again. Katie is unlikeable so much. I wouldnt care if she left the show.

But before that we had boring Mike/Katie and having sex. They were so boring. The writers wasted all that time while PL was there to move the story along.

• Members

Just look at the PEM saga that started exactly one year ago, and it's the same old crap: just sub Jen w/ Craig, and basically this storyline has gone well-past its storyline.

So yeah...the writers are reallly good at making 2-3 month storylines last an eternity.

Hopefully the Katie/Simon/Carly/Mike crap will end when Simon, Carly, and Mike all leave. Unfortunately, it looks like Katie's just going to jump into another boring, pointless storyline. But what's new w/ that character anyway? When's the last time Katie had a decent storyline? B/c I think a few of my birthdays have happened since then.

• Members

I think the entire point was to tear down both Katie and Carly. Katie, so she could start another relationship without either of the ghosts of Mike or Simon hanging over her.

Carly, so they could reignite the Carjack love when Maura returns from maternity leave. Carly's never really come close to loving anyone other than Jack since she returned in '97.

Unfortunately, TIIC handled both stories atrociously. Carly's more fixable, since Maura could sell ice to Eskimos. Everything Carly's done has really been in reaction to losing Jack. (I'll swear by that till the day I die....LOL) I'll happily look forward to seeing both Carly and Jack work on their relationship.

As for Katie...I can see why TIIC needed to "kill" both of Katie's romances, they managed to do it by making Katie a faithless [!@#$%^&*], which has alienated a lot of her own fan base. I don't even see how TIIC can rehabilitate Katie. They made her more grown up with Mike, but obviously they couldn't find a decent story to put them in. Reverting her to her scheming self with Henry? Well...who'd care?

What I hate to think about is Katie being a semi-permanent circle with Carjack. That's only going to seem even more fake than it's already been, and it'll be like another endless circle story.

• Members

TPTB keep making the same mistake where Paul Leyden is concerned, they need to stop bringing him back unless he is willing to sign a long term deal and make a committment to the show, otherwise this crap will keep happening.

I see the Katie hate on the boards but I don't understnad it, I've read over and over again that this is the real Katie the scheming [!@#$%^&*], so why is everyone complaining? I just don't get it.

I'll be very glad when MW and PL are off my screen and this storyline is done and over

• Members

I hate Katie because she's trying to bring down Carly and Simon, two people I like way more than I like her. Plus, she's trying to blame the fact that she's a cheater on Simon. She's the one who took wedding vows and then couldn't make up her mind about what she wanted.

I'm not looking forward to Carly and Jack getting back together at all. I liked Carly a lot better with Simon. With Jack, Carly either has to be a good little house wife (boring) or lie to him all the time. I'm ready for ATWT to break the cycle, but they won't.

Archived