OFFICIAL NEW YEARS EVE PARTY THREAD!!

Ryan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was at a party last night, it was so much fun. Sang karoke, there was lots of food and drink, we videotaped a lot of the night, played pool. Well there was this one guy who was my boyfriend, Jeremy's best friend's ex brother in law. He was a little out of place, it might be because he was just released from prison after like three years.

Now, Jeremy and I are democrats. His best friend Jamie and his fiancee are, as they call themselves raging republicans. It was about two last night and we were snacking. THere were six of us and out of the blue, the ex brother in law comes out with "I admire Saddam, he was a courageous man."

All five of us yelled "What?" Billy, the BIL went on to say that Saddam should be admired, that he did nothing wrong, etc. (I am really cutting it short). I about jumped over the table to strangle him. He wasn't even drunk which was the insane thing. He statedmany times that Saddam was not to blame for any of the deaths and even if he was, he shouldn't have been hung for killing only 149 people.

We tried to explain to him that over 35 years he killed a lot more people and that there will most likely be more trials. You would think that a felon would know what being tried in absentia is. It takes a lot for me to get provoked and I never swear in other people's houses. I actually dropped the f bomb. I had to repeatedly ask if he would let me and Michelle speak and for him not to interuppt us. He kept saying that all his rights were taken away and that life under Saddam was better.

I almost flew over the table again and yelled that I was si happy and lucky to be born in this country and that I have rights and if we were in Iraq Michelle and I couldn't even be having this conversation. My BF was like "simmer down." which was a good thing because I was about to say that his rights were taken away because he was stupid enough to make counterfeit money on his home computer and get caught.

Anyways, he left soon thereafter and we made fun of his liking Saddam after that. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but he needed to get his facts straight. He said that Saddam's final words were to forgive America. Yeah. Whatever. He can have his opinion, but let me have mine.

When we watched the tape again, he was saying it to everyone. So I can imagine that we all look like Saddam lovers. But the funnist part of the night was my boyfriend imitating Scooby Doo. I may put it on You tube.

Hope everyone had a great New Years!

Archived