DAYS: SOD 2007 preview

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here are more previews from SOD:

Sami/Lucas/EJ

EJ forces Sami to have sex to save Lucas's life (see page 6 for more). "We know what's next - she's gonna turn up pregnant! And Lucas says, 'On boy! It's so great! We're having a baby!' He proposes to her. EJ tries to find out if it's his. This is a big comeuppance for Sami. Kate can't be anything but what she is, which is not a not a very nice mother-in -law. But it is a wonderful, romantic time for Lucas and Sami." As for EJ, "He's going to be in Mexico most of January and then when he realizes that Lexie and Tek have dropped off the face of earth, he realizes there are no eyewitness, so he turns himeself over to the Salem PD and says, 'You ain't got nothing on me'. And they don't. He's a free man. Billie will also go after Ej in a big way."

It's going to be so fast and exciting and so wonderfully romantic as far as the first three months of the new year goes, you can't miss a day," declares Executive Producer Ken Corday. "There will be huge romance and huge mystery, traveling well outside the bounds of Salem and the USA."

JOHN/MARLENA: "Tek witnesses EJ shooting John, but Lexise says she did, which will come back to haunt them and will force them out of town. It will appear that John will be on life support forever and what's Marlena going to do? This is her quandary. She doesn't give up on her man. John and Marlena will find a way to start communicating with each other and then he will find a way to come out of his coma."

PATCH/KAYLA: "They will have a huge story. EJ will show his cards to Patch, and Patch loses it completely. More and more of these same episodes get worse and worse. Kayla is the one who's actually his touchstone, who is there for him as he was for her when she was deaf. He's suffering a different kind of illness. She is the voice of reason and love for him."

BO/HOPE: "She will give birth this week and Bo will learn he's the father, not Patrick. They'll wait for the Internet (lol) to tell them what the name of this baby is. Bo is still off the force, but he works with his good old buddy Patch to get to the bottom of this EJ thing. Hope has some wonderful scenes of reconciliation with her stepdaughter, Chelsea, and Billie."

SHAWN/BELLE/WILLOW/PHILIP: "Philip comes back, lays claim to Claire and the court find in his favor, pending three months of parental review with Shawn and Belle. Philip, of course, gets passports for him and Claire, planning to skip the country. Shawn and Belle find out through Mimi. They skip before Philip can go to Canda, which leads us on one big, worldwide chase. Willow is the bad girl and she ends up in cahoots with Philip."

MIMI/BONNIE: "There will be a mystery with her and Bonnie and their younger brother, Connor, which gets all three of them on-screen.

MAX/ABBY/CHELSEA/NICK: "Abby's completely in love with Max. He doesn't see it. There will be another young man coming into the fold. Nick

• Members

Thanks Rugrat and Willenfan for the hookups. I was wondering how the Sami/EJ thing turned out. I'm going to be away next week and probably won't be able to see Days or be online. I wanted to know what happened before I left. I think that Canadian TV Guide spoiler about EJ using a gun to force Sami to have sex with him was wrong. For whatever reason, the spoilers listed on the TV Guide site are sometimes wrong. Remember that thing about Stephanie having a secret? Nothing even close to that happened that week. That was a TV Guide spoiler too. Hmm....

It looks like Hogie is going for predictable in the Lucas/Sami story. As I said earlier I'm not thrilled, but I can deal with it. The feminist side of me is really coming out today, b/c I've been thinking about the different ways that HS could have written this story so that a modern woman like Sami could have come off a lot better. She could have taken the morning after pill after she had sex with EJ. Once she finds out she's pregnant, she could have taken RU-486 so that she could have NOT become a victim of the Dimeras. Instead of keeping her involvement with EJ a secret which is my guess is going to happen and she became pregnant, she could have told Lucas and they could have decided to go to the abortion clinic together. But no, we're going to have Sami as the victim of EJ/Dimera's machinations. In essence, she won't have full autonomy over her body. Will Sami even consider whether or not to have an abortion? Probably not, she's supposed to be a heroine now and heroines don't have abortions. Could someone please tell the headwriters/producers of soaps that the days of Vera Drake are over? I really wish that the soaps, especially Days would get out of the 1950's mindset. Ok, rant over.

The J&M, Steve & Kayla, Chelsea & Nick, Shelle spoilers sound good. I'll wait for the execution of the story before deciding whether I like the Lumi one.....

• Members

These sound really good. I am glad Days told us enough to know to tune in but didn't give everything away this time. These are more detailed then the Soapnet ones but they are still quite vague. They also seem to be mostly for the early part of the year, which is good because it doesn't spoil anything. It's not like the November sweeps stuff that gave us almost every detail.

For example, why Lexie takes the fall for the shooting is not really made clear so we have to tune in to see that. I am very interested in seeing how John's shooting and Sami's rape plays out. The rape doesn't seem as bad as it sounded before. I am not too upset about another WTD story because the baby really adds to the plot. The baby could be a Dimera heir and Hogan may go that route for all we know. Chances are it's Lucas's but it will be very interesting to see if Sami tells him and how Lucas deals with it knowing what Sami did for him. That is why I can deal with her rape and the WTD story-so many angles to play.

I am also happy to see Billie getting involved. I don't think she goes after EJ romantically but maybe to help on the case. I am just glad she was mentioned in spoilers.

These previews are the most impressive we have gotten in years IMO. I am very excited.

Archived