Night of the Living Dead (1990)

KLN

• Members

Anybody remember this remake from 1990? To this day, it remains one of my favorite zombie films of all time -- along with 1985's camptastic "The Midnight Hour." It used to scare the [!@#$%^&*] out of me as a kid! The opening scenes in the graveyard, with everything being so peacful and the sky so blue... looks completely normal, then suddenly you see zombies walking around in the distance. It's the scariest sequence in the entire movie!

Those scenes with the zombies walking around in the daylight are the most petrifying, because it subconciously sends a message to not just be afraid of the dark -- be afraid ALWAYS, LoL.

I haven't seen it in ages, but I just stumbled across some clips and such of it on YouTube. So, I thought I'd share it with everyone else who loves the movie and hasn't seen it in forever, either.

"They're Coming To Get You, Barbara":

Theatrical Trailer:

Montage:

Featurette:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually love this remake, mostly because Tom Savini directed it. He knows the ins and outs of zombie movies, so he showed it the respect that it deserved.

To me the creepiest part of the movie is when the little girl comes out of the darkness in the basement and feasts on her mother. Gave me chills when I saw it.

• Members

That scene always freaked me out, too.

I'm also terrified of the opening scenes in the graveyard. There's just something so creepy about everything looking so normal, you know? The skies are blue, it's a beautiful day. And the newly dead man, with his chest sewn up from his recent autopsy? C'mon now... that's scary! LoL

And also the end, when they finally all come piling into the house and that black dude hides out in the closet. I always get so chlaustrophobic with that scene.

• 1 month later...

Archived