AMC: 2 Vets returning!

• Members

SOD BREAKING NEWS: http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

Two AMC Vets Return

Kate Collins, whose Janet returned last year to wreak havoc on Pine Valley and whose criminal insanity landed her in a psychiatric facility, is slated to make another P.V. Comeback, for several episodes beginning February 9.

Also returning to her old stomping grounds for an undertermined number of shows is Susan Pratt, who'll reprise the role of Barbara, Sean's mother and Erica's old rival. February 9 is also the first air date for this actress, who was a contract player from 1987-91 and popped back in for visits in 1996, 1997 and 1998. Since her last AMC stint, she played Charlotte on AS THE WORLD TURNS and Claire on GUIDING LIGHT.

EDIT [Rugrat *waves*] from TV GUIDE ONLINE:

Last year on ABC's All My Children, Kate Collins reprised her role as the criminally-insane Janet Dillon — aka "Janet From Another Planet" — to do deadly damage. Brace yourselves, because the loon-a-chick will soon be back! Janet returns for several episodes on Friday, Feb. 9.

Now before you go speculating that she's the serial killer who's stalking Pine Valley, that's not it. Janet is currently in psychiatric lockdown; she will be consulted for her unique personal insight into the criminal mind as the cops try to solve the serial-killer case.

In other AMC news, soap vet Susan Pratt is coming back as Erica Kane's rival, Barbara Montgomery, who is Sean's mother. She's also back on Feb. 9. Look for Babs and La Kane to bare their !@#$%^&*]y claws!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If somebody besided MMT was writing I could have hope for Janet returning for some other reason, but MMT just seems to love writing Janet as the maniacal torturer or killer. Even the recovery stuff she promised for Janet this past year never happened, and I never did see why her stay with the show was extended. There just wasn't anything to explain why they made that announcement.

I just see MMT copping out again or as some said maybe Amanda does die. But I can see her seeking revenge because of Amanda but of course Zach's past makes no sense in it.

• Members

Well there was some strong speculation that Janet would wind up being the Madden murderer, which made way more sense bc of what Greg did to Amanda....but that wasn't the case. Here, it just makes NO sense to have Janet be the killer. I just don't think she will be.

But I'm so scared for Amanda - dang it! I hope she doesn't die.

Going back to Susan returning as Barbara - LOVE it. She always had great scenes with Erica - great rivalry.

Archived