Staying logged in

razor32always

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have this problem also. I use firefox and ie. It happens on both. When I'm signed in and then I close out the browser and then I open the browser again and come to this site I have to sign on again even though I have checked the box that says keep me signed on.

• Members

What IE browser do you have? That could be a part of it too. I had to un-install IE 7.0 at one point because I couldn't stay logged in.

Now, I have AOL OpenRide and I automatically stay on the site when I click into my favorites. The only time I would have to log back in is if I logged out.

• Members

This is like the 5th time that I had to login today. This happened several weeks ago and then stopped for no reason. Now, it is happening again, everytime I turn around I need to log back in. Since I started posting here, I never had that problem. I first noticed the issue after the board made it's latest cosmetic changes/topic reorganizations.

• Members

SON used to never log me out ever either.

I think is my typical experience of late, there was a time when it first started happening that if I just went away to another website and within the same browser window then returned to SON, I'd be logged out.

I have IE 6

TW Cable

My cookie/privacy setting have not changed since I've been coming to this site essentially and defintely not since before the problems started.

The primary change for me other than this since the new format is patience-sucking slow page transitions.

• Members

Hey Errol-

I think I know what the problem is. I cleared all my coookies/temp internet files and that didn't do any good at all. I did a test thing where I logged into SON, and then I exted my browser(I dont have IE7 but the version before that), I came back to SON to see if it would keep me loggd in and it didnt. Whatever is happening it has something to do with when you exit out of your browser. Hopefully this will help you with the problem. All I know is that I have never had the problem before because SON always kept me logged in. :)

Mar

• Members

I started noticing this problem a few days ago.

I emptied my cookies since then.

I use firefox.

SBC is my service provider. I have DSL.

I have my privacy settings on medium which is where they have always been. I have been in this site 2 or 3 times today and have had to log in each time. I have the remember me box checked.

I think that was all the info you asked for. If you need anything else I will be happy to provide. Logging in isn't a big issue for me on the whole but if a solution is obtainable I am all for doing what I can to help with it.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Archived