Burnt my tounge *SOOOO* bad!

Mitchapalooza

• Members

Ok so I was making some scrambled eggs for dinner tonight and I did the most STUPIDEST thing I have ever done. I was taking the frying pan OFF of the stove and was taking it towards a plate to put the scrambled eggs on. So I was dumping them off and then this one piece clung to the bottom of the pan, like on the side that you put ON the burner and I went to go lick it off and missed and the entire surface of my mouth landed on the pan...suiffice to say I have a NASTY burn on my tounge and it is SOO painful...I am kinda worried.

I can't feel anything and I can barely eat anything and anything that I have ate I can BARELY taste at all...its awful...and I have been drinking COLD COLD water all night and it STILL hurts really bad. My tounge is completely white, all of my taste buds are white and it was bleeding a bit too.

Most of all I feel SO DAMN stupid for doing it...I mean HOW STUPID. I could have just scraped it on to my plate, but NO, instead I lifted a scalding hot pan to MY FACE and then stuck my tounge on it? :blink::blink:

Anyways if it doesn't feel better by tomorrow, i think I may go see a doctor. But I thought I would share this with all of you, thought it would give some of you a good laugh for the night ;)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If your medical insurance covers emergency room costs, go get it checked out there. If not, go to your doctor's office. You have an injury that needs to be seen asap. If you don't have a regular doctor, go to a walk-in clinic. The type treatment you receive could mean a lot to the results of your healing.

Gosh, this hurts to even think about.

• Members

Ok so I woke up this morning and while the pain had subsided a bit, my tounge was basically numb and my whole mouth was just PISSED OFF!

So I went to the walk-in clinic and the guy told me I had a 2nd degree burn on parts of my tounge and said that I should have come in last night when it happened.

He gave me this solution that completely numbs your tounge and also helps in the process of "shedding" your tounge (his words not mine, :blink: ).

Anyways I guess when our tounges have had something happen to them, they start to peel or something, they like shed their skin or something.

• Members

well, the good news is the tounge is also one of the fastest healing parts of the body.

I learned that when I ripped open an inflamed tastebud with my toothbrush, and it split into a big white sore that ended up leaving a perminant scar. One thing I did learn is that even though ambisol says its good for all mouth sores ... it hurts tounge ones like HELL and made mine worse!

• Members

Oh f*ck I know what you mean...I was straightening my friends hair with an iron once and I sat it down on the table and reached over top of it and bam the underpart of my arm (you know the extremely sensitive side, lol) touched the tip of it...it is the nastiest scar I have on my body and it hurt SO damn bad.

My sister has burnt herself the same way you have, on her face and stuff with flat irons from people startling her!

Nothing hurts worse than a burn though...I couldn't imagine dying in a fire...it is one of my worst fears!

• Members

Reminds me of the time my curling iron malfunctioned and heated up massively and burnt all my bangs off. I was traumatized. It was terrible my hair just fell in my lap when I unfurled it from the iron. I was left with just stubble for bangs. I can laugh now but I cried when it happened. Never was a fan of the curling iron after that. :lol:

• Members

Ooohh, I have my own share of burn stories.

Gr. 7, I burned my hand on a pan that was just on the stove while I was trying to wash it. It hurt like hell but fortunately, no scars.

A couple of years ago I used to work at Tim Hortons as a baker and my arm made contact with the side of the donut oven...for some reason, the real pain came from the actual contact not the aftermath but I knew it was serious 'cause the skin started rising and looking all gross. My parents flipped out and demanded I go to the doctor but I was like "meh"....and now I have an inch-long scar.

I haven't had problems with curling irons but one time, I was blowdrying my hair and my hair got sucked in Moments later, I smelled burning hair..fun times.

• Members

didn't they have your donut oven inside a ventalated protective case? Mine was! Our donut oven was right next to the finishing table, I smacked myself on the sides of that all the time. I can't imagine how it woulda been if it had been exposed!

• Members

Mitch glad to here your tounge is feeling better and as someone said earlier its a good thing the tounge is the fastest healing part of the body.

I read this last night, and I actually thought about you when I drank some really hot Hot Chocolate that, I don't want to say burned me but it was just very hot on the tounge. I can't even imangie how much that had to have hurt.

The worst burn I ever had was when I was curling my hair one time (i was getting ready and I didn't have a shirt on but I had a bra on) and I dropped the curling iron and it landed on my chest. It left a huge burn mark and was very painful.

• Members

:o:o

OUCH!! On your chest!!

My tounge is SO disgusting today...its is peeling like crazy, I have to constantly go to the toilet to spit all that crap out...but who ever said the tounge is one of the fastest healing parts of the body was so right, it doesn't hurt at all anymore and Im not even taking the solution the doctor gave me for it. Its the weirdest thing though, its like my tounge is shedding right now...its SO weird!

Archived