Burnt my tounge *SOOOO* bad!

Mitchapalooza

• Members

OMG Janie!! :lol::lol: Sorry to laugh, but that bang story was too funny! I'm sure at the time it was very traumatic though. I had a similar situation blow drying my hair. I had been needing to clean out my hairbrush (but obviously didn't). As I was pulling my hair straight with the brush and blowing it dry at the same time, the dryer got caught on some stray hair in my hairbrush. Needless to say, you could begin smelling the awful smell of burning hair - I had a big chunk fall out in the back!!!!! Thank goodness I had long and thick hair back then, and it wasn't really noticeable.

Mitch, hope your tongue heals and it's not too painful! :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I glad your tongue is getting better Mitch. OUCH!!!

I can't recall ever burning myself, but when I was in elementary school, I was chewing on some gum and somehow managed to bite half way through my tongue. I was freaking out about it. I was extremely shy as a kid, so I raised my hand to get the teacher's attention. He came over to my desk and I told him very quietly "I think I bit my tongue." I'll never forget the expression on his face when he saw my tongue and sent me to the nurse's office. It healed up quickly though.

This is not tongue or burn related, but also in elementary school, I was was on the school bus on the way home after school. For some idiotic reason, I was playing around with a marble in my mouth. Next thing I know, I swallowed it. I panicked and didn't know what to do. When I got to my bus stop and most of the other kids were already off, I told the bus driver, on the verge of tears. She told me that it would be all right. I went home, told my mom, and later that day, the bus driver called to check on me. I assume that it eventually came out the other end. Or... I could still have the marble somewhere down in my intestines. LOL!

I've also stepped on a nail while wearing sandals, and fell on a piece of glass as a kid. Still have a scar on my finger for that one.

• Members

Umm..I don't think so. :huh: I'm not quite sure what you mean by case. Actually, I remember exactly what happened...I had opened the oven door and I was working so fast, my arm made contact with the inside of the oven door and the rest of it, of course, wasn't a pleasant experience.

I had a friend in high school put a tack in her mouth and while she was moving it around, she accidentally swallowed it. :blink: I believe she had to go to the hospital but I have no idea how they dealt with it...if they had to take it out or anything.

Archived