HUGE Y&R Casting news

• Members

Soap Opera Digest and Weekly Reports

Breaking News

Eileen Davidson Axed!

In a surprise decision, YOUNG AND RESTLESS has fired fan fave Eileen Davidson (Ashley), who originated her role in 1982. Davidson admits to being dissatisfied with recent story, saying, "Ashley just didn’t have a center anymore." The actress last airs on January 11. There's already buzz that the hot property might get scooped up by DAYS OF OUR LIVES to reprise Susan, one of the multiple Salem roles she played during a break from Y&R. To get the story straight from Davidson, check out the December 5 issue of Digest.

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WHAT?! Now this is the first casting news I'm truly pissed about! The Abbotts are dwindling down and with Ashley gone or recast, I'm not a happy camper! How the hell are they going to write ASHLEY ABBOTT off?! And in January before any big story?! What happened to Ashley/Ji Min?!

• Members

Well, I haven't watched Y&R in a while, but Ashley hasn't really had a story in a while has she? So I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that TPTB got rid of her, considering that she probably makes a lot of money on the show, compared to some of the younger stars.

I'm just not sure if Days can afford to have her on contract. A recurring part, yes. Contract role, probably not, especially since Corday et al were telling Joe M. that they didn't want him for a contract role.

I read those rumors about Kristen coming back and I thought that they were just a joke--ha, ha, ha, but maybe not....

• Members

And LML continues to screw with the show...

She deserves to be somewhere that's going to utilize her and Y&R sure hasn't done squat. What sucks is that this will make Jack pretty much the only Abbott representative, hell, Jabot isn't even supposed to be family owned anymore (yeah, Jack secretly owns it now, but that won't last long...) and LML is doing her best to ruin that character. Very sad.

I never understood why the show has been chickening out of revisiting a Ashley/Victor story.

• Members

The story says that Days wants her back as Susan and not Kristen. I know that if she comes back as Susan that they can bring Kristen back too, and most likely will. But if they are bringing Susan back first then I bet anything that EJ is Elvis. I still can't believe Days is aging him that much.

• Members

Having started watching Days on Soapnet again after a LONG hiatus...I'll be the dissenting opinion. I hope Eileen Davidson stays away from Days.

Yes, she worked well under Reilly's reign and is a good actress...but ED's Kristen/Susan, et. al. were cartoons, which fit with Reilly's wacky style and the "out there" Days of that time.

But I don't think she would fit with a more "traditional" Days now.

Archived