Days: Samantha Evans/Andrea Hall Gengler Love Thread....

daysfan

• Members

I love this woman, I really do. She is my favorite character EVER and I love her for all those years she was on. Whether she was apologising to Marlena or impersonation her, i always loved her, villian or no villian.

I loved Andrea Hall Gengler too (known as Andrea Hall Lovell back then), she was magnificent. I jumped for joy when she returned and really thought Hattie Adams was going to turn out to be Samantha, but the writers were stupid and just had her fade into the background. :angry:

So, Samantha lovers AND haters, come in here and give her praise, or tell us why you hate her!!! No extreme bashing please!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I wasn't alive when Samantha was on, but I absolutely adored Andrea as Hattie. I'd love to have Andrea return as Samantha or Hattie...I mean, last time we saw Hattie, she was played by Deidre, but they could say she let herself go a little, to explain why she's not a picture-perfect replica of Marlena.

I love twin storylines, and it would've been fun if Hattie had succeeded in switching places with Marlena.

I remember first seeing her with her prosthetic nose and makeup and not recognizing her, and then I realized who she was and saw the resemblance to Marlena! I thought that was wicked cool. I wish someone would youtube the Marlena/Hattie clips.

• Members

Hattie rocked and I hated that they just dropped her. Even if she wasn't gonna be Sam, she still was a great character and had potential.

I'm sorry how some of you weren't alive when Sam was on, but she rocked! If Kristen ever comes back and Sam does, they should team up against Marlena!!!!!

Basically, compared to Kristen and the vixens these days, Sam wouldn't be a vixen like them but she was a little bit fiesty. She was mentally ill and a bit jealous of Marlena, and I think that's pretty much why she tried to take over Marlena's life back in the seventies.

• Members

It was great. And the thing I liked about this, that they don't do that much now, is that Sam did it over jealousy, as to where other evil twins always are just evil and have stupid reasons. That was back in the day where stories made sense.

Sam had a real reason, and one some twins might even relate to. Sam was a little nutty....but I never considered her a cartoon or one-note. And when I say that, I know all she did was try to take over Marlena's life and then patch things up with her. She was one-note in a good way....if that makes sense, she wasn't one-note like Beth on Passions or Jan on Days or even Sheila (2005 only).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived