In The Zone w/ Ryan Chandler and Na'Vell in 2006

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Our shows are now going to be on a weekly basis, every Monday night since that is our biggest night of the week overall. Being able to schedule a month in advance, I have scheduled our usual segments every Monday night at 8:30 PM eastern time. If my work schedule conflicts, Chandler will be able to carry on w/o me, if not we can make it later in the evening when I do get off. Either way, you all will be able to get In the Zone. :)

How about them apples, folks? This way, we can ask fellow SON members about topics they want to discuss and just rant or praise to their heart's desire.

Hope to see you all there, and love to hear some feedback. Chandler and all of you guys ROCK!

• Members

Ha, listened to the latest! I agree with you Na'Vell- I call it S-O-N. I've never referred to it as 'son.' :lol:

Cute lil debate you guys.

The monkey guy was nuts.

Loved the talk about the writers strike. One good thing that came out of that: Donna M Swajeski, the best thing that ever happened to 'AW' in my lifetime.

Interesting thoughts on the Maureen storyline. That was so controversial at the time. If I'm not mistaken, JFP was involved with that decision, which began her MO of driving beloved female characters off their shows (hi AW's Frankie, OLTL's Cassie & Dorian, GH's Laura & realCarly (Sarah Brown)).

Loved that you mention GL's Sonni/Solita storyline. Michelle Forbes was PHENOMENAL in the dual role. I had always thought she earned an Emmy nomination for her work, but every time I check the archives, she's not listed. I'm convinced she was nommed in 88 or 89 though. I distinctly remember it. Can anyone help me out?>

• Members

"If I'm not mistaken, JFP was involved with that decision, which began her MO of driving beloved female characters off their shows."

Ohh yeah.

The show needed money to pay Justin Deas who was coming on the show. So JFP had a focus group and Maureen did not score very well in that group. So she and the writers (Curlee and Demorest) killed her off. In an interview years after, JFP cited Maureen's death as one of the biggest mistakes in her daytime career.

"I had always thought she earned an Emmy nomination for her work, but every time I check the archives, she's not listed. I'm convinced she was nommed in 88 or 89 though."

I don't have my Emmy book here at school, but I believe she *was* nominated for an Emmy for that storyline. Don't quote me on that though.

• Members

I believe she was nominated for her work in 1989. I remember Kim Zimmer winning that year for the episode where she talks Sonni off the bridge when she's going to commit suicide. I think that's even the clip they played. If I'm not mistaken, Michelle Forbes also submitted that episode.

Archived