B&B: Betty White to join the cast

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally forgot to say that I'm thrilled about this Stephanie storyline.

The material since spring wasn't kind and worth Susan Flannery so I'm glad that's going to change. I wonder why Brad suddenly pulled this fast one - Could it be to appease his Emmy driver whose contract is up after the New Year? Hmmm. :rolleyes: Memo to Brad: Stop writing crap in the first place and focus on real storylines.

• Members

Possibly Bradley Bell is doing this because B&B will be turning 20 next year.

I'm simply excited about this. Betty White is simply my hero, and I could totally see her playing Stephanie's mom. I can't wait to see the rappaport she has with the rest of the cast.

• Members

From TV GUIDE:

White and Mills begin their limited run on Friday, Dec. 1, when Steph reveals that her mother and sister are alive. She'll also explain why she has distanced herself from them all these years — it's not pretty.

--------

BTW, Alley Mills, the mom from Wonders Years is her sister Pamela.

One thing I'm confused about is that she is revealing that her mom and sister are alive. Hasn't she mentioned her sister and gone to visit her before? Is this another rewrite?

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 7 2006, 11:17 AM)

One thing I'm confused about is that she is revealing that her mom and sister are alive. Hasn't she mentioned her sister and gone to visit her before? Is this another rewrite?

Don't wonder about semantics when this Coleridge person is involved... Still can't believe they got rid of Delana Dixon (?) who did this wonderful soaps column at TVGuide.com and replaced her with HIM. <_<

Pam, Steph's avid cruise holiday sister LOL!, is very alive and was mentioned last in 2005 I believe. Till date we knew nothing about Steph's mother though. There was not one single mention in 20 years of B&B - so I'm dying to see THIS relationship play out.

• Members

The White Suff: B&B Lands TV Legend

Betty White — naive Rose on GOLDEN GIRLS and nasty Sue Ann on THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW — will play Stephanie's mother on B&B. "I’m doing an arc of 10 episodes and it’s been wonderful,” gushes the TV legend, who has also appeared briefly on ANOTHER WORLD and SANTA BARBARA. “Stephanie visits a psychiatrist and she finds out that all her problems go back to Mother,” explains White. “Don’t they always? And that’s were I come into the picture.”

Archived