B&B: Betty White to join the cast

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it really is a money thing, then I'm sure they've had some extra money accumulating since Joe Mascolo has been gone. The cast isn't that full of "big names" right now. There seem to be constant rumors of Lorenzo Lamas leaving. And Antonio Sabato Jr. is on the way out. The only other characters they seem to be adding lately are younger ones (Harry and Shane). Although they did bring in that de Vry guy, but I'm not sure that Storm is sticking around after Taylor's trial.

• Members

DAMN. Now this is one person I wouldn't mind B&B giving over to Y&R. Betty and Debbi Morgan, y'all can have Frantz back.

But seriously, Betty White....that's INSANE.

Betty White and Susan Flannery together in a dynamite storyline equals all sorts of AMAZINGNESS. Even if its just temporary, that still ROCKS.

• Members

God, I sure hope BB doesn't screw this one up. Sometimes I think he does that stuff on purpose just to stick it to CBS and say "if we were an hour..."

Good casting move. Betty can play sweet, but she can sure play mean-spirited. I about cracked up on that old CBS show Ladies Man from a few years ago when Betty was sleeping, someone tried to wake her up and she bolted upright yelling "the password is Crisco!"

Priceless stuff. :lol:

• Members

Hmmm...I smell a [!@#$%^&*] up coming on.

I *LOVE* Betty White and casting her as Stephanie's mom is genius and inspired. My only concern with this story, however, is where is John Douglas in this situation? From the way he has been described to me(and correct me if I'm wrong diehard B&B purists), he would have never allowed such a thing because he cares so much about Stephanie. She's SUCH a daddy's girl!

I'm not sure if I could buy an abuse story if the perpetrator was her father, simply because the way the story has been written all these years(whenever Stephanie mentioned her father, especially during the Forrester Creations takeover). She mentions her father with pride. In my mind(thinking about B&B), I don't think he would ever touch her. And if he's as protective of her as I think, I don't believe he would just go day by day without knowing something is wrong with Stephanie.

I just can't get into another "creative re-write" to suit another stunt casting(ala Stephen being "Mr. Nice Guy" and Donna with "No Modeling Experience"). I just can't(and quite frankly, don't want to) picture John Douglas as a monster.

Archived