This absolutely OUTRAGES me!!

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

I disagree, Marland. This is not like the situation with Kate Roberts or Marlena on "Days." This is a situation of a celebrity's name -- someone a significant portion of people know, with a unique name at that -- being used. Now, if "Days" brought on a character named Juliana Roberts or something like that, we'd all say it's a nod to Julia Roberts, who is a fan of the show. This is different. It's in poor taste because it is different from the situation you mentioned. Again, try this for a better example. The same thing happening to a character named Fancy Trace. (Come on).

By the way guys, before I couldn't argue; but now I watch "The View" every day. Elisabeth is so NOT the next Ann Coulter. Stop characterizing her in that way. She's actually tame. And for those who say they wonder SNL doesn't parody her? You clearly disagree with her politics because she doesn't sound anything like you say. She's NO Debbie Matenopolous. Heck no.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Regardless of whether or not I agree with her politics is immaterial. She's a poor mouthpiece for conservatives. She spouts hackneyed platitudes without being able to back them up. Tame? Maybe, but I'd say dimwitted or half-baked. She's a weak voice for conservatism on that show. I'm no conservative but even I wonder if they only keep her in hopes of making all conservatives look stupid.

Had she been parodied they would have gone for her real weaknesses - I'd like to see how she handles that... because sooner or later it happens to every celebrity regardless of their politics. It would be a lot more personal than just using her name for some random victim on a crime drama.

• Members

Barbara : What kind of tree would YOU be, Elisabeth?

Elisa[!@#$%^&*] : I'd be a CHRISTIAN tree who doesn't believe in the slippery slope of anything because it's WRONG and BAD and LIBERAL! Gay people shouldn't get married because of that slippery slope about animals, you know, they might want to marry a goat, and it's wrong and bad and LIBERAL!!! And you know what I mean. It's just wrong and bad and liberal and I'll just tear up my card! It's a slippery slope, I mean, it's LIBERAL! It's BAD! I mean.. it's LIBERAL! IT MUST BE BAD! I mean...LIBERAL IS BAD! Everyone says so! SO it MUST BE BAD!

Stop harrassing me!

• Members

Get out of town, darraholic!!! Really?!!! I am SO about to watch my tape right now, too. Thanks for the spoilers. THIS. is going to be. SWEET. :)

Oh, my gosh, she is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo not like that. Again, I now watch "The View" every day and I think she's fine and holds her own with the gals. What's funny is watching the libs making fun of her because it makes NO sense! :lol:

• Members

I am so disappointed in you JointStrikeFighter. Surely you'd prefer to have a conservative who posesses a brain in The View, other than little ms. "Slippery slope" "Liberal!" "Guns don't kill people!" She makes Ann Coulter look like a genius.... okay I get it now. :lol:

• Members

She seriously needs to get over herself. She isn't THAT famous. I didn't even notice. I doubt some writer would go to all that trouble because he found Elizabeth annoying. If they really have a problem with her politics, there are LOTS more powerful people with similar views they could have used. And for her to feel "uncomfortable" with any of the actors on the show is now ridiculous. I can't get over the ego!

• Members

HIGH-larious! LOL.

I'm a fairly liberal guy, and I've agreed with Bitsy on a few things and have even seen her POV on some things I disagree with.

The YouTubed abortion debate(where Lisa Loeb guest-hosted), I thought, was rather articulate and even though I personally disagree with her POV, I thought she made me think about things I've never thought about in the abortion debate. Does a child who is a product of rape have value? Some would say yes.

Since I don't have a vagina or an urge to get a girl pregnant, abortion isn't on my list.(Although I do think abortion is a GREAT means of population control!) But I do think she made a fabulous point. What life has value?!

I do think she kind of nuts, especially with the SVU thing. Get over yourself, honey!

It's a sad state of affairs at THE VIEW when the only one I like is the stuck-up Republican [!@#$%^&*]. She's the only one I feel that has anything relevant or shocking to say. Or maybe I like her because she's Rosie's antithesis.

If they rid themselves of Bitsy, then I will probably not en watch as often as I do now(which is just sporadic viewing).

I REALLY miss Meredith! ABC should have given her God to keep her at THE VIEW. Rosie makes me want to slaugher loud, dirty pigs.

Archived