GL: 2 RUMORS!

• Members

I read on another board that EW is soon going to turn in her resignation papers soon. Also two performers taped some scenes and one of them stormed off set and other sat there in tears. Does anyone know if these are true

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I know is that "As the World Turns", "Young and the Restless" and "Guiding Light" have secret writers on staff who aren't in the credits. Kay Alden is supposed to be one. I guess you would call them Consultants??

I kind of like Ellen Wheeler.

What I meant by that is that Kay Alden is consulting for "As the World Turns" according to rumors.

There's also somebody spiking "Druscilla" at Y&R who isn't on staff and used to be at DAYS, or atleast that's what I've heard.

• Members

The ratings (total viewers) have been climbing for "Guiding Light", so I don't think Wheeler's going anywhere. CBS is really happy with Wheeler and with the rating increases.

The show was actually cancelled, just as I reported several months ago, but it looks like a "reprieve" is in order if the rating climb continues.

• Members

Kay Alden neesd to be given the HW gig at ATWT. It's not horrible by any means, and sure, Alden had her issues at Y&R, but I think Alden could work wonders for ATWT.

GL is just a mess. I watch but I really don't even recognize it as much as I want to watch it and enjoy it. Sigh. I think Ellen Wheeler has done as good a job as she can (I know MANY will disagree with me, but oh well). Kreizman has horrible story ideas. A mystery blogger? Gag me. Reva lies about having cancer? Gimme a break! Sigh. It's a cluster-you-know-what.

At least Brad Bell woke up and B&B is getting better. The Taylor reveal has been absolutely fantastic.

Latham is very hit-or-miss at Y&R. Some of her stuff I like, others I don't. She has some decent story ideas but she either doesn't play them out well enough (i.e. rushing stories) or doesn't focus on them enough.

Anyway ... lol, my rant was about CBS writers. I think they along with ABC needs to be rejuvenated. Gabe, any word on Burton Armus for AMC? What about OLTL?

• Members

GL's ratings haven't been climbing, not in HH or in total viewers. For the last two years, GL has hovered at 2,850,000 viewers, give or take, a frequent flucuation of 50,000 to a 100,000 viewers. It has gone over 3,000,000 on a few occasions but that's been rare and most of them occurred well over a year ago and it's also fallen down to 2,500,000 a few time as well.

• Members

I hope that's true about Kay Alden at ATWT. I wish she would have gone to GL instead, though. It's like no good writers want to touch it or maybe the show can afford them.

I'm curious about the "somebody spiking 'Drucilla' at Y&R" part. What does that mean? LOL!

• Members

The storywriting on GL could definitely use a tune-up but overall, the ratings for the show aren't all that gloom-and-doom as some people make it out to be. Almost all soaps have fallen and yes, GL has been one of them but you don't see GL having this huge drop like the rest of them. Also, GL's ratings are fairly consistent unlike other soaps which have numbers dropping and rising like they're on some rollercoaster. I can't say or stress that enough.

Not to mention that GL has managed to surpass AMC and OLTL about 2 to 3 times in the last 2 months. Yes, AMC and OLTL can be labelled as pure crap but the fact alone that those two soaps dropped below the supposedly doomed GL speaks volumes and should cause panic for TPTB over at ABC.

Archived