Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Y&R Discussion for the Week of October 23rd

Featured Replies

  • Member

[quote name=

But Y&R has been great...in the time I've spent watching it anyways.

Except Brad's Jew story. I didn't get that one. Was there a sword or something involved?

Him and his mom are/were secret Jews? Like why do I care if he is a Jew or not?

I say live and let live brother. Let your Jew flag fly. ;)

Brad is not so concerned about hiding the fact that he is Jewish, but rather his identity as a whole. His mother was involved in recovering art stolen/sold by the Nazis during WWII. She and their entire family became targets and assumed new identities to survive. It would appear that they were/are basically secular Jews (like me!). The story line wasn't the greatest, but I kind of liked seeing a major soap character portrayed as a Jew (actor Don Diamont ne' Feinberg is Jewish). It is just something for me to identify with in same way a black person might identify with a black character or a gay person with a gay character. I think having that kind of diversity on a soap opera is great.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

Something funny would be if Brad DID kill Carmen to hid his secret. He only THINKS she heard him, but from what we saw on screen she 100% didn't so he'd just be killing her for no reason, lol. That would be an interesting thing to play out, the one person they AREN'T looking for did it.

Besides, when is Brad going to pay for anything he does? He smugly walks around Genoa City like he owns the place and is a saint.

  • Member

I don't have a clue what her motive would be, but what if a newly disguised Sheila murdered Carmen? Maybe someone payed Sheila to do the deed.

  • Member

"Do you know what polar bears are good for?"

That new bartender Vincent is highlarious - keep him! But I bet he's Carmen's former partner in crime and turns out to be the killer in the end though. Of course not before he kidnaps Sharon who turns the tables and will end up another time with a dead body... ;)

DAMN IT!

I'm missing the end of Friday's show. WTF!? Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE; PLEASE upload it at Rapidshare etc.?

The last thing I got to see is Neville singing that "Sunshine" song... Cue piano solo - and cut... :o

I'd greatly appreciate if someone is so kind...

  • Member

I do like the fact that there is a more diversity on Y&R with Brad being a Jew.

But did the storyline have to be so boring?...And confusing?

I agreee with rxcats thoughts about Brad.

It's just that I'm wondering if the storyline could have been better.

Nora is Jewish on OLTL and I don't remember ever being this bored because of it.

Can't we have a fun Jewish storyline? Stolen Nazis art? When does that ever work?

I know it bombed a few years ago when AMC's Palmer was involved with Nazis art.

I just expected more from Y&R...but every show has it's stinky storylines from time to time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.