Grey's Anatomy Star Comes Out

Chris B

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"McDreamy almost ended up in McDreamland." :lol::lol::lol: I don't excuse Isaiah's actions, but as an African American I can understand his frustation at all the attention being put on McDreamy and McSteamy. Its already hard enough for African Americans to make it in hollywood and get any kind of recognition really. But on the other hand McDreamy has been an sex symbol since he was a teenager, so the playing field was never even.

• Members

Good for him. And that ex-gay guy at work...really IS gay after all.

I was fine with just being friends until we had that horrible fight last week. And he's still mad at me for using him to make goth guy jealous.

I think it's great when people like TR Knight can be honest with themselves and other people. Dishonesty doesn't just hurt you. It hurts everyone else in your life as well. Plans are made, lives are rearranged, and hearts are broken when people hide the truth.

Just my honest opinion.

• Members

I don't really see how being African American has anything to do with it. There are like 8 other white actors on the show not getting any attention. He's a supporting actor on a t.v. show. Dempsey is a lead. What does he want!?

• Members

It should also be noted that Sandra Oh, an Asian and Canadian, is one of the biggest stars on the show. Then you have The Unit which is headed up by a black character played by Dennis Haysbert who also played the hugely popular David Palmer on 24 along with his fierce wife Sherry.

Just because Isiah Washington isn't as popular as the other Grey's studs doesn't mean there aren't a ton of other popular black actors out there. If anyone needs to be complaining about a lack of representation it's the Asians, Middle Eastern and gay people.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 20 2006, 01:26 AM)

It should also be noted that Sandra Oh, an Asian and Canadian, is one of the biggest stars on the show. Then you have The Unit which is headed up by a black character played by Dennis Haysbert who also played the hugely popular David Palmer on 24 along with his fierce wife Sherry.

Just because Isiah Washington isn't as popular as the other Grey's studs doesn't mean there aren't a ton of other popular black actors out there. If anyone needs to be complaining about a lack of representation it's the Asians, Middle Eastern and gay people.

ditto, plus the shows creator and head writer is an African American woman.

• Members

It doesn't matter, the fight is not a question of black or white, or even the race of these men.

Isiah Washington has no right to speak to anyone the way he did and he has no right to take violent physical action against Dempsy. I say he should either be suspended or lose his job. It is what would happen in the real world, after all.

• Members

The self preserving person I am wouldn't allow myself to get into [!@#$%^&*] with my show and my bosses while my show is doing a storyline about my character not being able to operate ... way to easy to write me out :lol:

• Members

I thought T.R. Knight was a friend of Dorothy way back

when he did a photo shoot/interview for a cover story for TV Guide with 'Dr. Bailey'.

I remember the clothes he wore...No breeder would have worn what he did. :lol:

So I wonder if other gay actors will grow a pair and follow in his gay foot steps?

I never got why being out=career suicide.

Gay people are everywhere in every work place...It's not a big deal.

So who should come out next? <_<

Archived