PSNS: It's Official! Grace Returns

• Members

Per Michael Logan from TV Guide Magazine

The long awaited truth finally comes out next week, when Sam walks in on Kay and hears her blurt out that Ivy hired David to break up Sam and Grace. Sam ends his engagement to Ivy and and Grace returns to Harmony for 6 episodes.

It really looks like JER will reveal all the major secrets in the next 2 months. I am in shock!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's GREAT, don't get me wrong, but why should Grace only return for six episodes? Unless she's the character that dies...it makes no sense. She only ran off with David because her deep religious beliefs forced her to stick with her "first husband." I should think it would be out of character for her NOT to return to Sam and stay!

• Members

I can't help but be disappointed. I am happy this is coming out and this makes me think JER is serious about getting things going but we have waited 6 years for this to come out in such a lackluster way. kay just blurts it out? Where is the big grand climax JER usually gives for things like this? Kay did this same thing back in 2003 and no one beleived her so all of a sudden they buy into it now? Give me a break this seems like a rush job. I know Kim Ulrich is doing some other show along with Passions so I wonder if they are doing this to make her like Andrea Evans' Rebecca and cut down on her appearances. I know Evans is recurring but Kim has been off alot and has either been on 5-6 days straight or not at all (just like Rebecca so it makes me wonder ahout Kim's availbility. I also hate only having Grace for 6 shows. So she just pops into town, learns the truth, and leaves town? That isn't very in character so that adds more fuel to the fire in regards to her being the one to die.

I hope Eve is involved because she played a huge role but I doubt it. This is great it's happening but it all comes off as lackluster at best. All this time to see it simply blurted out and then hace Grace leave like right after. This reveal loses it's payoff value by the way this is happening and, if Grace dies, it makes things worse because it will be a feeling of why bother/ They let us go 6 years waiting for this so if Grace is only going to be around for 6 shows to deal with this and then possibly die wha is the use? May as well have kept the secret hidden for good. I am sure it will entertaining but it just seems very rushed and there has been very little of the typical buildup Passions usually gives us like they currently are with Theresa and Gwen's secrets. It tells me the writers are just doing this to finally get it out of the way and to service other characters and that sucks.

I will watch and hope it comes off better then it does but I am not as happy as I should be about it. Great that secrets are coming out but the way it seems to be being executed stinks.

• Members

Where the hell is Grace storming in to stop the Savy wedding?!?! Where's all the stereotypical soap wedding crasher? That would have been perfect considering how long we've waited for this crap to be finished.

This endless wait threw away so many chances for huge moments. Before Aunt Irma, I was hoping for all the sh!t to hit the fan with Ivy being exposed in turn exposing Eve causing complete chaos in Harmony. That would be one month worth of standing around for the characters.

But at least Grace is coming back... that 6 episodes is kind of throwing me off though. What's with that? Grace can not die before the big battle with the dark side!

• Members

Thanks Rion,

JER must really have Big November sweeps planned :D I can't wait! With DAYS consistantly rising and PSNS getting three 1.6's this week, PSNS could potentially be back in the 1.8-2.0 range by Christmas :)

• Members

I agree, if what I read actually happens on PSNS things may be turning around. Now on long that will last is a different story. Its very possible for PSNS to get back around 2.0 as long as the stories actually move and new exciting ones start up. JER only has one soap, so there are no excuses this time around.

• Members

IA with the general happy-disappointed group. But I'm mostly disappointed, I think, because I stopped caring so long ago beyond summaries, spoilers and 5 minute bursts of show (can't take much more than that) I feel a bit cheated.

I don't care about Grace, though. For me the bigger fall-out was always about what it would do to Kay once people found out what she did. Course, that was back before I hated the Bennetts. Show-killers.

• Members

I used to think Passions could get back in that range but I have doubts. It all depends on whether people care anymore as alot of this took way too long to come out. Passions always does well for the holidays and it is possible to see big jumps at holiday time, much like all soaps, so it is possible but sustaining it is the key.

I hope Passions keeps moving stories along. I am hearing good things but I want to sustain the momentum (story and ratings-wise) for more then a month or so.

Archived