Is Sheila Returning to Y&R?

• Members

The Young and the Restless has sent out an intriguing teaser to share with you suds fans:

During the week of October 23, the CBS sudser says "Lauren and Michael receive terrifying news about Sheila. Has Lauren's enemy taken on the guise of a friendly face?"

Good question! At the end of Sheila Carter's most recent reign of terror in Genoa City, the crazy beeyotch was seen telling a plastic surgeon she wanted a new face. She showed the doctor a photograph, although we didn't see whom it depicted.

That suggested to viewers that Kimberlin Brown just might not be playing her signature soap role the next time Sheila resurfaces.

"I haven't been approached by Y&R about Kimberlin returning," Ms. Brown's manager, Michael Einfeld, tells TVGuide.com. "No one has called. I'm disappointed. Kimberlin loves playing the character of Sheila and she would love to come back."

There you have it from the horse's mouth. If Y&R is doing another Sheila story arc, they're doing it without Kimberlin Brown.

But say it ain't so! Sheila -- as played by K.B. -- is one of my absolute fave soap-opera villainesses of all time. I have so many fond, fiendish memories of her dirty work on Y&R and its sister sudser, The Bold and the Beautiful.

The problem with Sheila's last few stints on Y&R and B&B is that she was always a wanted woman, donning disguises and hiding in the shadows. If Sheila can't openly interact with other characters without fearing that they'll call the po po and immediately have her locked up, the long-term story possibilities for this character are extremely limited.

Soap-opera surgery is a tried and true method for granting a fresh start to a baddie in this predicament. Whose "friendly face" might Sheila be stealing? Guess you'll just have to stay tuned. Meanwhile, comment away!

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?f...eadID=700008741

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a little strange, but I just remembered that when I was a little kid, my mom watched (and still watches) Y&R and B&B. I never really paid much attention, but I always thought that Sheila was somehow related to B&B's Brooke. For some reason, I thought they were twins... just one had blonde hair and one had darker hair.

Random, I know.

• Members

Couldn't they bring Kimberlin back as plastic surgerified Sugar? Then they could bring Sugar (Robin Mattson) back as Sheila. Then KB's Sugar could go to Genoa City mightily pissed and wanting her old face back? I would love to see Robin Mattson and Kimberlin Brown toe-to-toe -- plus it might give KB an opportunity to stick around as Sugar-with-Sheila's face... OR IS SHE? Mwahahahaha!

• Members

I think the storyline Jack Smith gave for Sheila's return destroyed the character (and ruined the show), having her have plastic surgery in the end was just a huge slap in the face to Sheila fans everywhere.

From that article, Brown is willing to return, but they way he has written the story she can't EVER return.

I'm sure Tracey Bregman will play Sheila and do a great job, but I sure am pissed that they're doing this. <_<

• Members

I blame Bradley Bell for what's become of Sheila. Under his pen, she thrived for years on B&B. Kimberlin Brown is DA BOMB and he could easily dream up a story that would allow her to return to the show and let her interact with Susan Flannery and all the Forresters whom she has amazing chemistry with. Instead Y&R is gonna let someone else (Amber? Lauren?) play a dual role and take on Sheila. KIMBERLIN IS SHEILA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived