Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is ATWT camera the same as AMC's now?

Featured Replies

  • Member

So the location shooting of Raven Lake just started today - and as awesome and exciting as this will be - the camera work from the beginning is so shakey - and I'm wondering if ATWT will adopt AMC's camera work now - or if this is just temporary for the storyline?

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this stuff on ATWT. It reminds me of Blair Witch Project...at least from the promo it really did.

I just wonder if the handheld camera look with all the shakes will turn off some viewers?

  • Replies 19
  • Views 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

I think (and hope) it's just for the storyline. It seems like they're trying to copy Blair Witch Project...where it's supposed to look like a home video-recorder.

The storyline is really interesting. Also, it seems to be gaining a lot of younger viewers. ATWT's demo for girls 12-17 is really good! They were only behind the NBC soaps and GH last week.

  • Member

I didn't think it was all that shaky. The kids playing in the lake looked like a home movie, but that was about it.

This is a location shoot, so you don't normally have all the equipment you would in a studio. And to me...this location shoot looks no different camerawise than any of the others they've done in the past.

  • Member

They do a lot of turning, which is kind of annoying b/c it makes people dizzy. It works, though, b/c you don't know what's behind you until it turns all the way around. Not a lot of shaking though.

Besides, it's only for that one storyline. It's not like they're using the same technique for whole show, which I would be against.

It's definitely not as bad as AMC's camera-work though. I can't even watch the show. It makes my head hurt. :wacko:

  • Member

I like the camera work for the location portions of this storyline. In the manner of the entire storyline, I think the show is going for that classic low-budget slasher movie look. This is *so* an homage to the classic Friday the 13th. Hell, there was even a shot of the kids jumping off the pier into the lake (just like in the original movie). I'm just surprised that no one brought a dog. :lol: Hmmm.... I wonder where Crazy Ralph is. :unsure:

  • Member

I don't get how AMC's camera work can make anyone's head hurt or make them queasy.... the shaking could be cut down but you guys must have weak stomachs if it has that effect LOL.

  • Member
I don't get how AMC's camera work can make anyone's head hurt or make them queasy.... the shaking could be cut down but you guys must have weak stomachs if it has that effect LOL.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The shaking has stopped quite a bit this week. Today I didn't notice it at all. For the first few weeks, the camera shakes might have made some viewers nauseous, but I have no idea how it could make anyone queasy anymore. The writing on the other hand... :P

ATWT looked like they were trying for the film-like look today in the remote scenes, too.

  • Member

I think this camera look for a B horror story like ATWT is telling. I wouldn't want it for the other stories, but they're just doing it for Raven Lake.

  • Author
  • Member
I don't get how AMC's camera work can make anyone's head hurt or make them queasy.... the shaking could be cut down but you guys must have weak stomachs if it has that effect LOL.

lol - I totally agree - the shakes aren't even that bad anymore...it really isn't nauseating at all.

I think the camera work for ATWT for the Raven storyline is really good for it's storyline...and like what Matt said, a homage to the horror flicks of old....

I just noticed it though and wondered if they'd be adopting what AMC is doing now...from previews though it doesn't seem like it.

The camera was really shakey at some points though - when Gwen and Will were talking - and then when the slasher was turning around and stuff - when it adds to the creepy effect it is fine - maybe they could make it steady for normal conversations though.

  • Member

Well, I definitely didn't feel all that well when I watched it on SOAPnet. The show seems pretty good too, which is a shame. Maybe it was b/c I'm not used to it, and it takes adjusting, but my eyes hurt and my head started to hurt. However, I do have really bad vertigo, and sometimes motion on TV shows make me feel sick, so it's probably worse b/c of that. But still...that's the first time that I got sick from watching a soap!

ATWT definitely didn't look like a "film", not like AMC in any way. It looked like a cheap movie, if anything. Besides, all the CBS shows look "clearer" than the ABC soaps anyway.

  • Member
I don't get how AMC's camera work can make anyone's head hurt or make them queasy.... the shaking could be cut down but you guys must have weak stomachs if it has that effect LOL.

LOL I agree! It only bothers me when the camera is shaking alot

  • Member

ATWT's location camerawork is FAR SUPERIOR to AMC's grainy, cheap shaky hands.

Now that's what I call a cinematic, film look.

  • Member

I totally agree with you, DaysnPassionsFan.

I don't watch AMC, but I did flick it to that channel one day. I can't believe how bad the cameras shake. It's awful.

It's nothing like ATWT's on-location camera today. It was hardly even shaking IMO.

  • Member

I love how they introduced all these day player teens for the storyline, setting lots of fun death sequences up. Are we to assume now that the killer is Lewis or is it too easy?

  • Member

Half the show didn't tape today... <_<:angry:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.