Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Spoon

Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Spoon

  1. @alwaysAMC in case you're interested, today in 1993 was Frank and Eleni's wedding. Its in the vault 5-7-93.
  2. This show is hopeless. At least when he was writing days he had some sort of mental breakdown where he was killing ppl right and left.
  3. I would center my GL around four core families... Bauer, Spaulding, Lewises or Marler and Grant. I would merge the Grants and Bordreauxs into one family, make Vivian and Felicia siblings. Was Sam studying law? I'd have her on as a doctor like her dad, maybe hookup with Rick. Rick dating bff Phillip's sister would provide eventual tension. Blosses kids would be grown. Jason would be straight laced and Kevin would be the rogue. Clarissa would be the one to pursue the legal profession eventually. Maybe Clarissa in a triangle with Jude Bauer and Robbie Santos.
  4. I agree with the Dallas contention. That show was such a global hit. If you want a something shorter, I suggest Flamingo Road, gone way too soon.
  5. Zaslow and Deas, after Michael's firing from GL. Wholesome.
  6. Walker from Wednesday to Saturday on CBS.
  7. That Wedding Day concept was like 20 years ahead of its time. Modern audiences eat that stuff up regularly.
  8. I dunno, I think Marland and Curlee would be too similar in styles. Marland's more earthiness would be best balanced with someone who would bring different elements, a bland of sorts. Also, while chasing trends is has its cons, I believe that GL needed to do it to survive. What GL shouldn't have done was tear down its foundations, which they did constantly. They needed the Bauers as a core, Reardons worked as a secondary core. Gutting all those vets in the early 80s did more harm than good, they should've bumped some of them down to recurring instead. Interestingly, sister soap Another World took a similar trajectory but to worse results, mainly due to revolving door/ high turnover casting which outside of 1985-86 wasn't really a big issue for GL. Isn't it true that Solita wasn't supposed to be dead, but that was an adjustment that Long made after the scabs had Solita's remains unearthed? That's what made the story so confusing. I liked Danny and Cassie, for one it displaced MANNY and RASSIE for a bit and two LW and PAS had couple chemistry from Loving, three it rescued PSA from the blight of NSA, and four it freed up Michelle for Bill which was needed fan-service. I surprisingly loved Cassie and Edmund together. Reminds me somewhat of Sarah and Xavier on Days.
  9. @alwaysAMC Spoilers regarding Sam Marler.......... Sam's paralysis leads to the return of Ross's brother Justin played by a new actor. He brings with him Dr. Daniel St. John who is an expert with paralysis. Dr. St. John is accused by his former sister-in-law that he killed his first wife. She ends up dead in the Country Club pool. Daniel starts dating Holly which brings Roger and Ed into the story. A final confrontation occurs at the Bauer cabin, at one point Roger and Holly are held captive together until Roger frees himself then her.
  10. i had trouble getting in (Microsoft Edge), i would click on forgot password and it would just go back to the starting page. After several difficulties, I downloaded firefox and got in on first try. fingers crossed.
  11. Back to Reva,the signal that Reva was of would be her red dress. She'd wear that when her PPD was acting up and she was behaving "off." It was shortly after they built the new bridge to Key West. They still had remnants of the old bridge when the fam went down there in '93.
  12. @alwaysAMC this day in 1992, singer Roberta Flack sang at the wedding reception for Hamp and Gilly. Ms Flack was a fan of the show.
  13. @alwaysAMC TP was the perfect scene partner for KZ. They had the same OTT acting styles and TP wouldn't let KZ steamroll him in scenes, he'd push back and scream louder. Dinah's return was really well done. Reviving the rivalry gave Cassie something to do other than mope about Tammy/Jonathan being together. For JC, it was for his alcoholism relapse storyline. I remember Reva was featured in that plot too as they were flirting. JC was rewarded for his win by being promoted to contract for the first time since 92/93. He named his daughter Chelsea after the area where GL used to film in the 80s. Believe it or not, the following year GL would win EMMY for best Show, tied with Y&R. They submitted the anniversary episode where they reenacted BTS in the early days of the series.
  14. The luau in 1983(?) is considered the first Bauer BBQ. I do know Bert was around for the first one, CBS had a YT clip of it. Don't know when they started doing it annually. I think someone said that they had one in '86 but I don't recall.
  15. IIRC, Ed was drinking and was made to think that he caused Dylan blindness but he was framed. The real culprit was the dad of Dylan's girlfriend. I think they were crooks involved in construction? Feel free to fill in the blanks, please.
  16. You mean John Silva, not Cena. Maybe Cena was there too since U Can't See Him. On GL, we had Ed Bauer and Prince Edmund in the 2000s. In the final years, there was Remy Bordreaux's girlfriend Christine on GL and Christina Thorpe who went by Blake.
  17. Someone earlier asked about the Puerto Rico (as San Cristobel) remote and how long does it run? I want to say all of August, probably up to around Labor Day and the annual US Open Tennis preemptions in September.
  18. In the April 25, 1986 end credit, there's a Lisa Loughbridge credited as Beth. Anyone remember her and how long the stint was?
  19. Oops
  20. Re: Frasier move to Tuesday. NBC moved Frasier to Tuesdays because they felt an aging Roseanne was vulnerable. ABC's counter move was to switch no. 1 Home Improvement from Wednesday with Roseanne on Tuesday.
  21. Making Maureen infertile limited options for the character, she should've had a miracle baby in the 90s. Mindy was also infertile and her character was sidelined, we've seen it in on other soaps. Alice on AW, Macy on B&B.
  22. As a teen, I wanted more characters to be killed off because of the on-screen drama that would ensue. Anything less I would've considered anti-climatic and a cop-out. It seemed that most all murders were happening on abc and nbc and cbs was playing it TOO safe. That's why I didn't mind seeing Maureen die, that should've created angst for years but the follow-up was practically non-existent.
  23. Ugh, don't remind me of Bryant. They could've at least milked a few more years of angst first.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.