Vizion

Y&R: Sally Sussman Speaks!!!

247 posts in this topic

Just now, Soapsuds said:

And he faked his death because he couldn't come out to Jill or Katherine.

Which was illogical given how close he and Kay had been.  Now, maybe Jill would have found it hard to accept, but Kay would have helped him come out to Jill, Nina and Cricket and then encourage him to live the rest of his life with total honesty.

Just now, Khan said:

Which was illogical given how close he and Kay had been.  Now, maybe Jill would have found it hard to accept, but Kay would have helped him come out to Jill, Nina and Cricket and then encourage him to live the rest of his life with total honesty.

Kay would have started hiring sexy stable boys JUST for him! :lol:

Just now, ajsp35801 said:

Y&R did take the time to make sure viewers cared about Mariah and her happiness. What do you think all that Mariah is good and deserves Hilary's life  narrative was all about. 

Propping and building empathy for a character are two separate things.

24 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

They were always going to get pushback. They need to break that conservative bubble and ignore the pearl clutchers 

It's ironic that the network had less issues (initially) with the pairing than the viewers. :lol:

Just now, YRBB said:

I wouldn't go THAT far, lol.  But if Phillip had been in love with another man, for example, I think Kay would have stood by him and his relationship...while Jill accused her of exploiting the situation just to turn her son against her (again) and make her life a living hell.

2 minutes ago, YRBB said:

Shhhh. Respect her 25 years in da biz experience!!! She's got that modern juice pink champagne talent!

Lol OMG :wub: 

2 minutes ago, Khan said:

Right. Propping doesn't make a character popular as much as it makes them polarizing. 

1 minute ago, DeeeDee said:

It's ironic that the network had less issues (initially) with the pairing than the viewers. :lol:

It is! I fully expected her to say CBS hesitated considering their overall lack of diversity and female led shows

Just now, DRW50 said:

Right. Propping doesn't make a character popular as much as it makes them polarizing. 

+1

Oh so Sally whines that she didn't have time to write a long story, but she had time to fire Kate Hall and Rebecca Tayler as script writers, fire Tracy Thomson, hire Lisa Seidman and Sara Bibel. While she was busy disassembling the writing team, she could have left everyone in place and spent time writing story documents.  And her worst offense?  Not hiring Jamey Giddens as story consultant. LOL

3 minutes ago, Khan said:

Exactly

5 minutes ago, Khan said:

+1

4 minutes ago, YRBB said:

:lol: YASSSS 

If Tessa and Mariah was the plan all along, what was the point of breaking up Hevon for Devon/Mariah? 

7 minutes ago, Khan said:

I wouldn't go THAT far, lol.  But if Phillip had been in love with another man, for example, I think Kay would have stood by him and his relationship...while Jill accused her of exploiting the situation just to turn her son against her (again) and make her life a living hell.

lol I mostly jest but it's not like Kay wouldn't do that. If a handsome stable boy, or anyone, was close by, I bet she'd give Philip a nudge like, you interested? 100%.

Edited by YRBB

5 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

YUP!  And Y&R was never a soap I would describe as dull until now.

I would argue there's been duller than SSM. Just a personal opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

All of Sally's additions have been a boring mess. I can't stand Tessa and Jordan is an awful actor.

Concur about Jordan. He hasnt been developed and the actor is ill equipped to pull it off anyway. 

13 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Interesting. I feel like Mal had his hands in many of the newbies.

I think he helped cast if not create.