DramatistDreamer

Actor Audition for Y&R

44 posts in this topic

Apparently this actor posted this short clip on Instagram after he finished an audition for Y&R. Well, he looks like he is on the Y&R floor anyway.

Has anyone seen this?

Do you think this is a new character? Or a recast?

The wonderful world of auditioning continued. The post audition walk. #actorslife #thankful #cbs

A post shared by Jason Gerhardt (@jasongerhardt) on

Edited by DramatistDreamer

He was on GH in 2007 Cooper Barrett He was killed by Diego Alcazar

He's 43 maybe he will be the new Adam Newman they are casting

Edited by John

I really liked him as Cooper on General Hospital (when I was still watching that show). Since Hartley isn't coming back any time soon, he would be a good fit for Adam.

Hmmm...the picture was taken down....

is this him?jason-gerhardt-permaculture-9.jpg:wub:

I guess Sally lied again when she said they weren't bringing back Adam. She must have realized what an awful pairing Chelsea and Nick are. Considering Nick is a legacy character from two established people on the canvas.....he isn't worth a damn. Nick and Chelsea haven't had much scenes at all.

Edited by Soapsuds

Y'all believed Sally about that Adam talk?:P 

Honestly, if I were a showrunner I wouldn't reveal the truth of that either. As it is, I wouldn't have allowed any prospective candidates for the role to leak anything via social media (although that can be an effective strategy in creating intrigue) in case I wanted it to be a total surprise (aka a "Hello Barbara" moment).

It's entirely possible that 7-8 months ago, that was exactly the plan, and later on she -- or someone else -- decided to change that. My money's on someone going, We just NEED him back!

Edited by YRBB

I never believed that Sally was going to shut the door on that possibility, I always believe that Y&R would low-key search for a suitable replacement. Her comments in the interview was to get fans off her back so she could have plenty of time to do a gradual search. 

I'm not saying this is the guy but he sure as hell looks like an Adam recast.  I was thinking Y&R would take at least a good two years to have Adam off the canvas but I'm thinking the fact that the Chelsea Nick pairing is flopping hard, may have made the search for an Adam recast more of a priority.