DAYS: Major Bo News

John

• Members

Peter and TPTB wanted to give Bo a better exit than the crappy one he got in 2012 and the deadbeat writing that followed.

Aiden would have been written out regardless. The writers are setting up Hope with Rafe and they are clearly getting rid of TomSell creations (see Xander, Serena, Paige, Clyde and probably Ben).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless Cosgrove ran the networks and canceled the soaps, he is not "literally" a soap killer. He happened to be hired by a lot of soaps that were clearly on the way out anyway. He had first been on GL and AMC years before they were canceled - they somehow avoided cancellation at those points. The only one he joined for the first time near the end was ATWT.

• Members

I find it really sad they are writing out Bo like this.   I was hoping they would find a way to sort through things so Bo could come back.   This is sort of the first omen the end is in sight.   Bo is a DOOL icon, and first he is gone, then Sami is gone...they're not coming back if these ratings continue.   It's all very sad.

• Members

The actor wanted to leave. He left three years ago, after doing a job for almost 30 years with few breaks where the work has gotten more intense and the pay has gotten smaller. He doesn't want to be on contract and came back to wrap out the story for a character he clearly loves. I don't agree with how the show chose to play this, in terms of Bo vs. Aiden, but his leaving again isn't some omen that the show is spiraling toward cancellation. 

Also, the reason his 2012 exit was so sloppy and indefinite is because they were holding onto the hope that he would cave and come back before they had to kill Bo off. Not saying they did it well, but Bo was "picking up Ciara" and "visiting Shawn and Belle" for months after Reckell left. It was clear they assumed he'd be back. I'm glad they aren't making the same mistake and leaving Hope and their family in limbo again.

• Members

I don't watch the show anymore, but I didn't realize that Aiden was that bad.  Is he as disastrous of a character as Daniel Jonas?

The reason I ask is because people are calling him "a show killer."  That seems pretty harsh.  I would reserve that kind of criticism for someone like Daniel, who may well be the worst character in the history of the show.

• Members

No hes not. The character was perfectly fine. Some thought he was a bit boring but thats only bc the show didnt give him much of a story after Hope learned his secret. He is a much better character than Jonas and FAR from the worst character in the show's history 

• Members

I'm not a big fan but I think he's fine in the right role. I thought he was more than decent on DAYS and I thought he had chemistry with Kristian, which IMO many actors have not. It's more roles like Chris Hughes I think did not suit him.

It's hard to tell because for some reason a lot of fans do take it very seriously and genuinely seem to blame him for soaps getting canceled.

• Members

That's what all actors want to hear about their performances, "fine" and "more than decent" :lol:  I just wonder why he of all people has had roles on four different soaps over the last 20 years, he's just very...there. Like I said I think it's because he's reliable and of a type, that nice everyman but he never had the right timing.

Archived