Y&R: November 2015 Thread

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JMO, but I don't think that JFP has much interest in writing a strong female character.  period.  no matter who it may be.  

Look who's not on the canvas.  Jill is supposed to be the most boss character in GC by now.  She's been there clawing her way to the executive suite since Day 1.  Where is she?  

Even Phyllis.  Why does Phyllis need to team up with Billy for anything?  Phyllis usually did the job herself with maybe an assist from a minion or two.  

Ashley is constantly being left out of the loop in a company she is supposedly running.  The one time she makes a supposedly shrewd executive decision (buying up Newman subsidiaries) it gets shot straight to hell because it's pretty much based on a glitch in the system caused by a virus.  

No Lauren.  

Hilary is in a generic storyline that now seems so generic, anyone could've been in it and so far, I see none of the Hilary that first intrigued me.  The Hilary I remember probably would've wanted to be left alone to figure things out and what her next move would be, leaving both Neil and Devon to wonder what her next move was.

I just can't get into this show, everybody is so damn generic.  I've been reading spoilers and I tried to watch a couple of episodes and couldn't stay awake and it wasn't even 8pm!

• Members

I totally agree about the women. The show is just filled top to bottom and left to right with problematic s.hit.

I still can't get over Phyllis being raped and her not being out for blood. Agreed that she would never need anyone's help to take down Victor. And if she did go out to get help, it'd be from some other women that Victor had caused to be hurt. Not screw up Billy. 

Now we've got Hilary protecting  neil and blaming herself but mostly Devon for Neils actions. Mind you, Neil is a man whom set out to hurt Hilary because he couldn't have her. This is the thing of every lifetime movie. I'd be less disgusted by this if I thought they were playing it as the battered person or Stockholm syndrome. But no, Pratt is serious in that Hilary loves Neil and sees him and what he did as great and righteous. 

Nikki barely has any presence on the show anymore since she stopped fretting over Neil.  She's not even allowed to play mother to Dylan. Not sure what that's about.

Lily's actions makes no sense even if I am  salivating over the end of Lane. Neither does Marisa whose on her 3rd backstory. One that made her look heartless and stupid. Why give your baby to Marco to find a proper home when you know he's a "bad man". 

Victoria and Lauren have no real presence. They are typically just scene fillers or talk to's when on.

Now I can tell that Pratt really wants to do something with Abby. He wants her to be this fierce character who is a natural at business and take charge in her personal life. She will let nothing stand in the way of her career. Too bad MO doesn't exude any of that. She does have comedic timing but that doesn't go hand in hand with who he wants the character to be.

Then we've got Chelsea. The Waffler of wafflers who after all this time likes to pretend adam isn't a sociopath. How many times can he make a fool out of her?

Oh..I forgot day player Gwen. No words for her desperation. Then Sharon is the eternal victim. 

Is there a woman out there truly loving this show? I can't imagine how. Pratt hates women im convinced.

• Members

Yes!

YES YES YES!

Y'all hit the nail on the head IRT women on this show.  It's pathetic.  I'm barely watching anymore, and when I do, there's usually nothing worth discussing in the forum.  The 30 pages for November aren't about the show, they're some "fans" rants about their JFP pet.

How anyone can actually enjoy this show :rolleyes:

• Members

It's hard because even if there are some scenes to enjoy the feeling is the writers are going to mess it up in the near future.  Like I'm enjoying Hilary being regretful over cheating on her blind husband and not wanting to go back with Devon but I can't believe it's going to last.  Before too long Devon and Hilary will be sucking face, Hilary will have no job and no good story line.  Ditto Lily and Joe.  They are natural and pretty together but Lane just will not die, not now not ever.  Joe will turn out to be a serial killer, child molester, or some other cartoon villain like Ian turned out to be.

Sharon got her/Sage's baby today.  So supposedly she believes she gave birth.  Riiiight.  And where's Dylan, worst boyfriend ever?  He never visits or seems to give a crap about Sharon at all.  He cares more about Hillary and what's up with her.  What a douche he is and what a horrible story line this is. 

• Members

Ya'll still trying to make sense of soaps,especially young and the restless. I stop trying to figure them out when they recycle writers that brought down other soaps. Instead of them being honest with their viewers, by saying we want out of the soap business. We're not going to disrespect ya'll anymore this is our last year.

Archived