GH: October 2015 discussion thread

• Members

It was a copycat story that every soap was doing at that time. The only reason it did well was because of Jennifer and Gwen. Cause the story was just awful. 

Well since no one is coming out..cant be the Luke/Kevin admission of love……baby switch storyline I can see….ugh….unless Pissant decides to do a teen slasher storyline….either way none were any good except for Luke coming out to Kevin.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People are being critical toward Jelly it's been literally a few weeks. Rome wasn't built in a day. Finola and Genie just signed long term contract because of Jelly's material. Exciting explosive storyline is coming for November. Jelly are creating an entire month where u don't miss a day. 

• Members

This from the person that says Smart Tv has started. Where is it? Where are the higher ratings? Ratings fell this week. GH is now dead last in the ratings. The show is boring….not one story is interesting at all. The show is insulting ….Michael now calling Sonny "dad"….I guess Michael magically forgot that Dad killed his father…..oh wait thats what you call Smart Tv…...

• Members

The ratings have stayed consistent since week of Sonny being shot bleeding stopped. Actually viewership went up it lost some in demos. Not every week will go up. It's not dead last it's still neck and neck days. Days had a huge week. Jelly are taking a different approach instead of doing a series killer storyline or a big plane crash they are taking a quieter approach which is getting the character's recognized again, dialogue is richer, more family drama. They are playing all the beats of this reveal not rushing it something YR did with Adam reveal alot of beats and emotions were missed. They deserve until February pr March when first there launched stories take place. It took Jelly time on YR but by the end ratings were spiking and hadn't been that good in years only to be replaced. Let's not forget YR won the best show emmy with their writing.

• Members

What family drama? Kiki calling Ava a tramp while drunk? Michael calling Sonny, his father's killer, dad? Focusing on a mobster who can't walk? Having Lulu for the millionth time say how she wants to carry a baby of her own…while her husband seems brain dead while reading his lines…or was the family drama that horrible movie Dillon was making? How about Nina and Franco trying to be a 1950's Cleaver family while Kiki bad mouths Nina and she just smiles. Or is it Deadwood and Maxie talking about others problems and Maxie acting like a child because Deadwood won't reveal the secret he knows but she doesn't…..

• Members

That you are correct about, Rome wasn't built in a day and it is unfair to judge the quality of their show in so short of time.   What we can get a firm handle on is their focus, and that is squarely on Sonny, Carly and Jason.  I have to disagree that this trio makes up can't miss TV. 

GH needs new newbies to once again crowd out this trio.   That was the best thing Ron C did: marginalize them all for the first year or so.   I will watch the day Jason learns the truth and if and when Robin returns, but yet another baby story and a show celebrating all things Sonny is just not for me.

• Members

I don't really think the baby swap story on ATWT was that bad. 

Of all the shows she's worked for, I'd say she was rotgut awful at one (AMC). The rest of the time she's grindingly mediocre to poor. 

Considering how much people love going back and forth with a troll for no apparent reason, I tend to wonder if they really dislike her GH that much after all.

Jean's GH is bland.dull and slow devoid of any real spark of originality or passion. I really must stop answering JONNYSBRO back. The only think i like about Jeanine P's ATWT run was the creation of the unapologetically gay Dr. Reid Oliver, who of course Jeanine P kills off and poor Luke couldn't get a happily ever after with Reid.

• Members

There isn't a head writer or writing team that could do what Jean and Shelly are doing. Imagine if Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell were writing GH it wouldn't be as good. They chose wisely finding writers who love GH and have a history. Jean was at ATWT for 9 years as head writer her longest soap by far.

• Members

And it's at the height of ridiculous foreshadowing.  Michael tells Monica he and Sobby are having a baby, and this is great news because she misses Jason so much?  Dafuq?!  Forget the FACT that AJ died just last year, but this would be HIS grandson. Why is Jason even mentioned?  This type of foreshadowing is so heinous.  

Archived