GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kiki and Silas are original characters (...well...technically, they are...) and Franco existed already in the GH universe.

True, Kiki and Silas were created (and Franco was recast) because PP's lawsuit against ABC forced Ron and Frank to relinquish the characters of Starr, John and Todd. But I've a feeling ABC has made it very clear to the two NOT to include in any way direct references or connections to AMC and OLTL (at least for the time being).

• Members

I'm sure RC's a very nice guy one on one. There's a lot I'd like to talk to him about, and a lot I agree with him on. I was his biggest cheerleader before anyone knew who he was, and I thought his first year or so of work at OLTL was almost flawless. And I know all too well how the Internet massages our personalities.

But if you ask yourself - as I do - how GH today can bring back so many beloved characters and integral elements of the show's history yet still often feel slapped together and half-assed and not properly servicing most of that ensemble, that I think goes to the heart of the issue with the criticism in this thread and of the writer.

• Members

LOL I was saying that the reason we have Kiki/Silas/Franco is because Ron didn't give a !@#$%^&*] about not having the rights to characters and therefore took many liberties with Starr/John/Todd…Resulting in Kiki/Silas/Franco. So I was joking that he wouldn't give a !@#$%^&*] about taking any character he wanted, lol.

Archived