GH50: Discussion Week of June 10th...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ann, he looks good! Yeah, he could tighten it up a bit, but it's no big deal. If you saw SK, you'd have to wonder what the fuss is about. Craptini just want to see him shirtless all the time and they don't feel they can do this at this time. Pigs!

• Members

The whole thing is just embarrassing, honestly.

The Jeromes and Ava, that I have no problem with. It's a good connection, and knitting all that in with Franco's daughter and the Quartermaines is a very solid idea, in concept. That can and should be high drama. But Franco alive, "redeemed" and played by RH with such a ridiculous look and performance, and such dreadful material in the mix - along with KA playing Kiki - makes it just ludicrous. Kristen is just playing Ron, Frank, Dena and Brian's neutered Starr, and Roger - I have no idea what this is.

• Members

Honestly, I think she's so much more vibrant and warm than Julie Berman ever was and has a shitload of chemistry with DZ, so I'm fine with her. I think it's the first role that really suits her - on CBS she was always trying way too hard to be 'wild'.

• Members

My old houseshoe has more warmth and vibrancy than JMB, but I don't see any purpose for Lulu, then or now. She mostly seems meek. I'm also not sure why we're supposed to care about the baby story with Maxie, but then I never did.

• Members

Let the Roger stans tell it and Todd 2.0 is edgy. Yeah right! Since when is a lesbian cockatoo edgy? They have to tell themselves that to accept this garbage. I eagerly awaited Roger's return so that I could get my Tarly 2.0, but so far, I just cringe at the sight of him. There were so many ways to bring Roger back, and of course, FRon would believe this trash is best. Then to dump the POS into the intense CarSon scene and bring it to a screeching halt?! There are no words to properly convey my disappointment:(

Her hair just looks so nasty. Just like Julie's. Guess that what they were looking for in a recast.

• Members

Wow! Harsh. So we defend SK for not being as fit as maybe he should be? But the ladies' hair etc. is fair game.

Really if Ron thinks it is so clever to make jokes in the dialogue about an actor's appearance I wanna see some characters talking about how scrawny Silas is, and his man tits, his beak, the zoolander expression and his grey tinged complexion. Make fun of Franco's ears and nose. Talk about Kiki's big head and Carly's long face. Let the characters make comments about how Monica's and Bobbie's faces don't move. Let's spread all that comedy around.

• Members

There wasn't even a fat joke. Notice no one actually quoted anything from Friday's show when it allegedly happened? Because there was no joke. The only thing remotely close I saw was AJ commenting on Michael coming back from the ELQ gym and Michael saying yeah and maybe next time AJ could join him. That is not a "joke" and mentioned nothing about being fat.

Also fans comment on actors' and actresses' appearances all the time, including their weight. Michael E Knight's weight was often commented on in the AMC threads. There are also numerous mean comments about people being "twinks" and how that's supposedly a bad thing.

As for the week overall, I was disappointed with it until Friday. Friday was the only good episode because Michael, Morgan, and Kiki were back on so there was movement on them realizing she is a Quartermaine and more of a Quartermaine focus. Also I just love Chad Duell's acting, and to some extent the acting and charisma of the other two as well. I liked Michael talking to Morgan about why he wanted to help AJ too, and Morgan quizzing Michael about how Michael felt with his bio-dad back in the picture, Morgan asserting his own desire to be helped out as well! One bad thing I will say though is that the Q's have taken to quickly to trying to get Franco's support. To be respectful of Michael, I think Tracy and AJ should have done more to work out a compromise exlcuding the need for Franco's shares.

Earlier in the week, I liked seeing Laura back, but I think there was something missing when she was talking to Lulu. I feel like we should have seen her ask what Lulu remembered about Stavros did, instead of just saying Lulu had nothing to be ashamed of. Especially given how Laura had herself been given a pseudo-"choice" whether or not to sleep with Stavros when she was married to him. It's not clear to me if Lulu told Laura off-screen what happened, or if Laura just didn't really ask. Also I wish Scott had been on at some point in the week as well or that we had seen some of the honeymoon.

I did love that Anna Devane was back front and center this week as she investigated the shooting. But the shooting itself was blah for me -- I am not that invested in the Falconeris, and I have little sympathy for characters who were going to knowingly break the law violently anyway, as Shawn, Carly, and Sonny would have done even if it had all gone according to plan. I liked Anna trying to get through to Shawn to "do right by Olivia" though, and I liked Alexis's anger at Shawn too. Speaking of Alexis, I liked Nikolas interacting with her but feel there was a missed opportunity to mention his bone marrow transplant past with Lulu's aplastic anemia, although it was still there as an unspoken subtext.

I liked the TJ stuff for the most part, although I'm not sure how what he did fixed the leak if the rag thing still had to be there. I continue to "love to hate" Taylor so it's good. I liked Taylor's best bud Britt's conversation with Felix too about why she is the way she is. I hope Felix will try to see more of the good side of Britt. I did not approve of the way he spoke to her, no matter how bad she is. I like Felix though.

Patrick and Sabrina had chemistry in their love scene and were sexy, even hot. I liked Sabrina talking about her longtime traditional boyfriend, mentioning her cousin Juan, and the conversation about sexual histories. Later, I liked Patrick complimenting Sabrina on her glasses. Glad she still wears them from time to time. Hearing about how Felix was right was a bit of a buzzkill though, even though I like Felix. I'm glad Patrick was not as put off by that as I was.

So yeah, lots of little things to like earlier in the week, and a good Quartermaine Friday (forgot to mention, Tracy was on with Luke too), but the story that was dominating Monday-Thursday was not one I was into, and thus I was disappointed. I expect to see more of "Cap'n Morgan", Kiki, Michael, and AJ next week though, so I'm still optimistic. With this show, I know airtime rotates and it's an ensemble, so I can wait through the more boring stuff for the good stuff.

Archived