DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Members

Matt Ashford was very good but it's really a shame how rushed his departure was and how little the J&J fans or Jack fans and most importantly the show got out of this last return. It's got nothing to do with disliking Missy Reeves, it's just a shame they didn't kill off Jennifer for a change and see how Jack and Abby would go on without her.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I audibly screamed at the end of today's episode. I don't read very many spoilers, so I had no idea that Ian was going to blurt out his confession in today's episode. The scenes with Lauren Koslow and Ian Buchanan were riveting, extremely well-written and wonderfully acted. My favorite scenes on the show since the Jack/Marlena therapy scenes and some Will/Marlena stuff.

• Members

Same! Lauren Koslow was fantastic in today's episode (per usual). She wasn't just playing Kate like some sniping bitch -- you could tell that as furious as she was at Ian, she was also hurt and humiliated by his digs about her past. That slap, and her yelling, "You aren't in his class -- in the boardroom OR the bedroom!" was such great soap. Ian Buchanan seems to think he's in a production of Macbeth, but at least the drama level worked with today's material. Too bad this is the first time in like eight months that they've bothered to give him anything meaty.

I thought Kate Mansi was also great today. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but they sort of focused on Abigail's reaction and grief without shafting Jen (who has been coming off so cold lately), and it was a smart way to go. Obviously they're setting this up so they can make Jack un-dead later on, which is fine by me. Even if Ashford only appears to return to Jen in the series finale, that'd work. In the meantime, they totally wasted him and both characters this last go-round, but all this death does is get him offscreen in a way that doesn't make Jen a total bitch for eventually moving on, and that's much preferred to having him walk out or go on an "adventure" again.

And don't get me started on the fact that THREE people (Roman, Lucas, and now Nicole) wandered out of the ballroom building and to the same bench near the Town Square to pass out.

Archived