Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I find it hard to feel bad for CNN because they were the leaders on the pump up Trump routine so while I realize they were one of the most vocal and pissed about getting played today(making the entire event a Trump infomercial), their coverage of him has been a Trump infomercial for months. I hope this means the press continues to pound on him as well. WaPo has been doing a good job in recent weeks but that Newsweek story has been largely ignored for who knows why. That is the most scathing

• Members

I follow it on the net but now that's it. the 24hr. networks are now just TMZ. the polls mean nothing IMPO. 8-10,000 voters may be polled but when over 100 million vote that is NOT a representation of what voters are thinking. they have sold the entire country down the river...and they want to keep it close for ratings. that's it. the TVMSM entertainment industrial complex get their marching orders and do same. 

• Members

When Trump gets overconfident - or feels like he's been humiliated, as he did by being convinced (allegedly by Conway) to go onstage and reluctantly 'renounce' birtherism - he goes rogue. It happened post-primary with the Khans and his hellish month of August and it's happening again now with his ludicrous hotel farce where he spent 4 seconds on his 'admission' and then barred the press.

Spoonfeed them plenty but insult them and they buck. The media is turning on him. Front page of the NY Times this morning calls Trump a liar.

Please register in order to view this content

The Times has fucked up a lot on Trump lately and has felt major pressure for it, from people like Paul Krugman and others. Their editorial staff, including Maggie Haberman, have grown increasingly testy. This is a big change from their apologia for their prior weak headlines on Trump.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I don't know Vee sometimes I think too little too late for the media. They have been complicit for not months but years in helping stoke this birtherism story. I forced myself to stay away from all media yesterday but I watched Trump's "apology" and it made me cry. I am a single white female, late 30's, I can't claim to relate or understand how it is to be an African American, but the fact that this man stood up there in a matter of 20 seconds said it was over and HE settled it made me ill. Does this country still feel the big old white male sheriff is needed to validate anything. And it was a hit at HRC also not just because he lied about the fact she started it, but that HRC the woman couldn't finish something. So 2 nods to his racist sexist base. And then that idiot Chris Matthews gives him credit for apologizing? Seriously that was no apology and if anything the hate and divisiveness this movement caused deserves an apology to the American people.  This view of America, once the "Shining light on the hill" is terrible. And still the cowards in the GOP who helped fester this ideology say NOTHING.

• Members

I don't know whether anyone read and/or posted this one previously but kind of an interesting interview with Mark Cuban on the reasons why he changed his mind on Trump and endorsed Clinton. It is kind of weird that his initial reason for thinking of Trump was as a buffer against Ted Cruz but I guess that's when he believed that there was a single GOP candidate that was even near Presidential material. Still don't get it, but oh well.:blink:<_<

Mark Cuban Changes His Mind

• Members

I was feeling somewhat confident in the weeks following the convention. But not anymore. His numbers just keep rising. I can't comprehend the ridiculousness that comes from Trump and his surrogates... whether it's something hypocritical like, "I cannot support someone who lies for a living," a false claim like "She doesn't have plans," or something completely unacceptable (so - basically anything that Trump says about anyone)... there just aren't any words. 

I liked this part, especially what I put in bold: There were two things that finally led me to endorse Secretary Clinton: The first was that I did quite a bit of homework to understand all the allegations that were directed toward her and found almost all not based on fact and the remainder far from material. The tipping issues were Trump’s positions on NATO, our treaties, dealing with our allies, his comments on nuclear weapons, and his lack of understanding of the concept of deterrence. His ignorance of these issues scared the [&#33;@#&#036;%^&amp;*] out of me.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Josh Marshall analyzes Trump's latest meltdown, which, yes, is having a major effect. The press is hammering him for yesterday, the polling for the last week is coming in Hillary and Trump was repeatedly humiliated this week - and this latest collapse started with a pastor and an interview with a reporter afterwards.

Much more at the link.

• Members

I know I am being very pessimistic but while true, that's from a liberal site. 

Though the NYT did post another negative article about him which is out of the norm and in response, Trump tweets that his lawyers want to sue the NY Times. But he apparently is holding back for now. 

I think it's suspicious that records from the Ivana/Donald divorce have been abruptly concealed just after the papers showed he verbally abused and demeaned her. That it was unsafe for them to remain married and that Ivana called his treatment of her cruel and inhuman.