Top 10 Best Characters on Daytime Right Now

• Members

I thought this might be an interesting topic.

Who are, in your opinion, the top ten best characters on daytime right now?

In no particular order, my picks are:

1. Drucilla, Y&R

2. Phyllis, Y&R

3. Reva, GL

4. Jonathon, GL

5. Fancy, PSNS

6. Endora, PSNS

7. Kate, DAYS

8. Steve/Nick, DAYS

9. Billie, DAYS

10. Bo, DAYS

Honorable Mention: Todd and Evangeline, OLTL. Theresa and Rebecca, PSNS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know about them being the best, but they are who I'm enjoying the most right now. BTW, I only watch ATWT, B&B and Y&R fulltime so I can only include these three soaps.

1. Victor Newman - Eric Braeden has made all the people who hates him and his character change their minds! He is doing a flawless job of transforming, yet maintaining his character with this current storyline. Maurice Benard is getting a chance to shine at GH and he is failing miserably. Braeden has this battle beat!

2. Sharon Newman - I think Sharon has always been a little dumb, but thats a major part of why I love her. She is so confused and has so many things thrown at her, she's a mess and that makes for compelling TV. The worse things get for her, the more interesting she becomes.

3. Drucilla Winters - It's like she never left! Victoria Rowell is on point in her scenes with EVERYBODY. From the gossiping with Sharon to Mommy time with Lily to her relationship with Neil, she ROCKS!

4. Margo Hughes - Dolan had been sitting on the sidelines looking bored, but now that they've given her something to do you see the passion in every single one of her performances! She still doesn't get as much as she deserves, but boy is she a joy to watch. Her love for her son and the fact that she is actually a smart cop make this story work for me. I just hope they continue to use her when this story is up.

5. Auntie Jackie Abbott - He seems to be the character they have the most difficultly writing for. Right now is a good time for Jack. For once he's not too bad or too good, he's JACK. LOVE his emotions surrounding Phyllis and the baby and how he's playing Victor. He's riding a fine line of good and evil with this.

6. Donna Logan - She has single handedly made me a B&B fan again! Jennifer Gaeris was amazing on Y&R and is doing a fine job here. The chemistry with Katherine Kelly Lang is amazing considering she is a recast. She glues with everybody and has made Nick and Ridge interesting again. I hope they keep her on the frontburner and let her turn this show upside down!

7. Luke Snyder - Van Hansis' sensitive portrayal is so much fun to watch. I love him even more now that they've thrown Damian into the mix manipulating thing. He reminds me a lot of Lily, I can't wait for them to make up.

8. Neil Winters - Neil is another character having a huge transformation. After being treated like cat [!@#$%^&*], I'm glad to see him finally living his life! His wife lied to him for 18 years, everyone at his job treats him like [!@#$%^&*], but he didn't go to the bottle! Go Neil! He has found a woman who appreciates him. I can't wait to see where he goes.

9. Jade Taylor - She'd be much higher on my list, but I didn't want to get crucified! :lol: I love how she tells it like it is and is up in everyones business. She's not full on evil, just a troubled girl trying to make her way. Elena Goode is doing a great job with the role.

10. Phyllis Abbott - I will always love Michelle Stafford, but right now I'd like to see more fight out of Phyllis. So far it's okay, but I don't want her and Nick to be happy. Like Sharon, she needs the conflict to make her more interesting. Maybe they could give her more stuff with Daniel/Alex to bring out the edge.

• Members

Luke Synder: Van Hansis, plays a teen in turmoil so well, he really brings the story home.

Victor Newman-always have loved him, and I am really enjoying his story right now

Stephanie Forrester- Just because she is so much of a !@#$%^&*]

Nick Newman

Phyliss Summers

Margo Hughes

Holden Synder

Brooke Logan

Lucinda Walsh

Carly Synder

• Members

Yeah mines are in no particular order either...........

Lucinda Walsh

Reva Shayne

Dinah Marler

Olivia Spencer

Todd Manning

Blair Cramer

Dorian Cramer

Sami Brady

Evangeline Williamson

Billie Roberts

ETA:Carly Snyder and Maggie Horton!

• Members

1. Carly Corinthos, GH

2. Dinah Marler, GL

3. Jonathan Randall, GL

4. Taylor Hayes, B&B

5. Patrick Drake, GH

6. David Vickers, OLTL(even though he never gets airtime)

7. Phyllis Summers, Y&R

8. Erica Kane, AMC

9. Steve "Patch" Johnson, DAYS(mostly for trademark reasons)

10. Gwen Hotchkiss, PASSIONS

• Members

Since you said "Right now," I'll just add JARED freakin' CASEY to that list. This new character has injected new life into "Passions" in just WEEK'S worth of episodes. It's astonishing and amazing all at once! Now my list

1. Marlena

2. John

3. Hope

4. Theresa

5. Jared

6. Luis

7. Fancy

8. Kayla

9. Steve

10. Chelsea

• Members

Right now, my picks are (I watch ATWT and a little GH):

1. Casey Hughes, ATWT. I love how they're grooming him to be the romantic hero, and they never forget he's got a lot of Tom *and* Margo in him.

2. Lucinda Walsh, ATWT. The one and only! I can't wait for her to eviscerate Damian!

3. Luke Snyder, ATWT. Just like his mama, too trusting of the wrong people.

4. Will Munson, ATWT. He just looks so uncomfortable in his own skin all the time. Breaks my heart.

5. Carly Snyder, ATWT. I am loving watching her give Jack what-for and I hope she and Simon have tons of fun together. I don't even care if it's not romantic.

6. Carly Corinthos, GH. She is a force to be reckoned with, and Laura Wright has claimed the role as her own, hands-down.

7. Lulu Spencer, GH. She looks EXACTLY like her mother, and acts EXACTLY like her father.

8. Barbara Ryan, ATWT. I wanna see how much Jen's death really changes her, in the end. I think she might surprise me.

9. Henry Coleman, ATWT. Why doesn't he have a storyline of his own yet? But not with Emily, please!

10. Emily Stewart, ATWT. She's a complete mess and she always will be. But she makes me feel sorry for her anyway.

Archived