Top 10 Best Characters on Daytime Right Now

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These aren't in any real order, and they're based ONLY on the soaps I watch.

1. Lucinda Walsh, ATWT

2. Dinah Marler, GL

3. Sami Brady, DAYS

4. Steve Johnson, DAYS

5. Julian Crane, PASSIONS

6. Rebecca Crane, PASSIONS

7. Carly Snyder, ATWT

8. Hope Brady, DAYS

9. Tabitha Lenox, PASSIONS

10. E.J. Wells, DAYS

• Members

1. Drucilla Winters The character, the story all are right on the money. Even if I don't watch Y and R daily, I'm following the story. Latham is a fool if she really lets Victoria Rowell walk away.

2. Viktor Neumann Every show needs the patriarch/mogul, but Y and R is one of the few that really is USING the character.

3. Jack Abbot Cad, Rogue - again the show is letting the character shine.

4. Tracy Quartermaine . The character is great, the actress is great, and she's toe to toe with soap legend. Luke SPencer/Tony Geary.

5. Stephanie Forrester. B & B's driving force

6. Luke Spencer. Not that the writing is alway great, but the character and the Spencer provenance is something GH would do well to treasure, not toss away (with Lucky, Lulu, Nicholas)

7. Bianca Kane Not always well written, but she was the heart of Pine Valley a few years ago, even more so than her mother. AMC would do great to pick William DeVry back up, and pick up the Kane/Cambias feud.

8. Julian Crane. When written correctly, a fascinating blend of avarice, cowardice, victim, heart, and all about cad..

9. Carly Corinthos. I'm not sure what she is without Sonny, but the character's history and motivations make for fascinating drama despite the show's overemphasis on her.

10. Todd Manning. Not because of Higley and the watered down version. More because even with how much the show has tried to shift the emphasis to McBain or anywhere else they can, they have to keep coming back to him. The stories that work for OLTL mainly involve him, and work better when they do (Even Jessica's DID did).

• Members

Of all the characters on all the shows I even follow from a distance, the Dru story right now makes SENSE to me. I can understand a woman protecting her family. I can understand a woman angry at the woman makin time with her man. I can understand why she's frightened and angry at David Chow, possibly losing her mind. (I can even understand David Chow if not all that he may be up to, and I can understand the Winters clan.) I may not care two figs for the reliquary story. I may not even know who Jana is (let alone realize she is missing). I may care minimally that Viktor beats Jack yet again apparently. But at least there is one story where I do CARE.

No other soap has a character that I can understand as well right now. Certainly not the soap I used to love and would love to again, OLTL. Blair Cramer -- ought to be somewhat the character Dru is right now, motivated by love of family, self-preservation, and a career - driving a major story by her own actions and reactions, but OLTL is so worried about the McBain and Evangeline factors its not happening.. My longtime favorite Nora will most likely never get another major story even if they signed HBS for 4 years.

Archived