Days: Actor Re-Signs

• Members

I was going to post this in the Days rumors thread but it doesn't seem to be a rumor since it was in SOD and came right from an interview with an actor.

In this week's SOD (8/1/06), there is an interview with James Reynolds and he says he just resigned with the show for 3 more years and is happy to have a futrue with Days. He is also pleased with his recent material.

I guess this is good news for Abe/Lexie and maybe Celeste. I do think he may have taken a budget cut though because no matter what I know he and Renee love Days and would never leave on their own and he is never used consistently so maybe he got cut in salary. I am happy about this though-I love Jim :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem with Abe is that his story with Lexie was over years ago so it looks like he's holding her back. They need to develop a completely new storyline and love interest for him. Maybe Celeste? Hmm...but with Stefano potentially coming back, maybe HE could be with Celeste?

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jul 24 2006, 10:18 AM)

The problem with Abe is that his story with Lexie was over years ago so it looks like he's holding her back. They need to develop a completely new storyline and love interest for him. Maybe Celeste? Hmm...but with Stefano potentially coming back, maybe HE could be with Celeste?

I agree. Abe & Lexie as a couple are DOA.

I think they could both be integrated into different storylines.

• Members

Reynolds is an amazing talented (and Emmy nominated) actor who is one of the longest running actors on the show (and the longest running African American actor in a continuing role in daytime history). IMO, he's a definite asset to the show (when given the proper material). However, I agree that Abe & Lexie are a story that's run its course. I'd much prefer them to not-so-amicably separate and have a very nasty divorce including a custody battle. IMO, if written properly, it could prove very compelling, especially if mutal friends are forced to take sides. And, as much as I adore Celeste, I don't want her hooked up with Abe. Personally, I'd prefer a new love interest or (in my ideal Days world) the return of Dr. Valerie Grant, a classic character with whom Abe was once involved (who was also once engaged to David Banning, Julie's son, who was originally written off the show as having go to try to get back together with Valerie). Imagine if Celeste was in favor of this new relationship. Lexie would feel betrayed by her own mother. Faced with losing her husband to another man as well as her child through the custody battle (and with close friends and family potentially siding against her), it would spurn her into going dark again. IMO, there's much storyline possibility there.

Archived