Y&R Spoiler Brad's Secret!

• Members

Y&R: Brad's Secret

Forty-seven years after making her film debut in "The Diary if Anne Frank," Millie Perkins is back in Nazi territory. On July 28, the vetran actress will join The Young and the Restless as Rebecca Kaplan, the long-hidden mother of Brad Carlton (Don Diamont), whose secret past is currently the subject of a major plot. It will be revealed that Rebecca is a concentration camp survivor. "All her family died in the camps, but she lived because she was an art student," Perkins says. "The Nazis put her to work cataloging the art they'd stolen." Since then, Rebecca has made it her mission to restore that art to its rightful owners.

Though Perkins has had a solid carer in films ("At Close range," "Wall Street") and TV (Kots Landing, Any Day Now), its her role as doomed heroine Anne Frank that has followed her everywhere, "I didn't always appreciate that," admits Perkins, 70. "But now that I'm a grandmother, I've come to see the film as a beautiful thing. It has given me a place in history."

JT finds out the Brad is really George Kaplan. The story is about artwork stolen by the Nazi's and his mother trying to get it all back years later. When Brad/George was young, he came home and found his entire family murdered, he then got help from his pal, the real Brad. They ran off together and the real Brad was killed by a car, so George switched identities with Brad and then joined the Navy.

JT disappears. Brad confides in Sharon that he's in a lot of trouble, then he asks her to deliver something for him. He's concerned about her safety. She's "titallated by the whole cloak and dagger thing".

Colleen confronts Brad and tells him "I know you're George Kaplan".

Brad tells her the truth about who he is and what's been going on.

Sharon comes back to Brad's and is attacked.

So I guess the person he called up on the cell saying, "We have a problem" was his mother. Sounds like a good story, but definitely not the nefarious story they led us to believe. Looks like he was just running from the people that murdered his entire family, except him and his mother. Except if they've been running for over 20 years, why is his mother's last name still Kaplan? :huh: So they were the people who probably ransacked his house. Which I STILL believe Jana is connected to. Remember Jana mentioned artwork and Italy and that she had knew of Victoria's paintings when she lived in Italy.

I see Sharon gets caught up as the damsel in distress. :mellow: Not Victoria, who he lives with and is married to. So they're still keeping that Brad/Sharon hookup on the burner.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. It sounds like if they do it right, it will be an interesting story. I like that they are touching on deeper issues instead of just bubbleheaded, generic soap fare. As a "Not Brad fan" though, I was hoping his secret was a dark, nasty one. :lol: I'm anxious to see how all of this plays out.

• Members

Sounds like a bore!!! I was for certain they'd make Brad/George the killer and when he was running away from his home after murdering his family, he accidently hit the real Brad and took his identity. So he did it to protect himself - YAWN <_<

• Members

I actually like the way this story is being planned. Brad being George the killer would be too much of a soap opera cliche, I'm happy Latham is taking another route and bringing actual history into the context of the show. This has the potential to be a very compelling story, if told right.

• Members

I don't see how anybody could honestly think that BRAD, a huge Y&R character for over 15 years is a serial killer. I ALWAYS knew it would turn out to be him defending himself, it's the only thing that makes sense. He's a snob and a jackass at times, but overall is a good person.

The story they've come up with sounds VERY interesting and exciting. Y&RInsider said they've been having some long hours due to action packed scenes, I guess this is it. I love love love a good mystery and Lynn does them well.

I can't wait to see how this progresses! Her final Knots Landing cliffhanger left us with a mystery that was totally murdered when she left the show to do Homefront.

Can't wait to see Jane Sumner again! She was great on Knots, very different from his other wives as well.

• Members

Chris, which one was that? That was at the end of season 12, right? I remember Kate's long lost brother was shot down, Meg went missing, Val left town mysteriously, Karen ran down a car that Jason was in and that sketchy guy that Linda knew went missing. Oh, and Paige's ex came back. What an episode!

• Members

He's been on the show too long to be a murderer. He has too many fans. If they even thought of going that route, they would have gotten tons of hate mail for ruining the character. :lol: But I'd like to know how they're going to explain the REAL Brad's body being found with George Kaplan's identity. You mean RealBrad's family never wondered where George went and why his ID was found on their son? They never figured that George was out there using the Brad Carlton identity? :huh:

• Members

I have to go with crc on this one, but I have to say I think this sounds sucky. This is so incongruent with the [!@#$%^&*] we've been seeing on screen. Now, he's some sort of Jewish, anti-Nazi art stealing hero? This is stupid!

• Members

No, his mother is. And it looks like his family was murdered because of what she devoted her life to. Many Jews actually did this after WWII. The Nazis stole EVERYTHING from them, including hteir lives. I kind of like this. On the other hand, I never thought Brad was a murderer, but I was hoping we'd really have some dirt on him that would take the smug wind out of his puffed up sails. This is only going to make JT and Paul look like the nosey assholes they are to everyone else. :lol: I MAINLY would like to see how all of this affects Brad's finances, marriages, corporate holdings, his board seat at Newman, all of that, being they have all been obtained under a false identity.

Archived