North and South

Manny

• Members

Does anyone remember this mini-series?

The reruns are going now in Croatia and I just LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE the show! It has wonderful cast and great story! I have already read the books years ago, but seeing it again is so special!

I love Kirstie Alley as Virgilia, Terri Garber as Ashton, Lesley Anne Down as Madeline... I love George & Constance together! Conastance is a very beautiful woman! :D

And I love seeing all these soap people on my screen lol (Genie Francis, Lesley Anne Down, Terri Garber...)

Does anyone else love this series??

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup, it was Patrick Swayze (Orry Maine) and James Read (George Hazard)! :D

Book 1 just finished in Croatia and the war started! Virgilia (Kiristie Alley) went a bit nutty and she is SOOOO GOOOOOD! It's great!

• Members

It is one of my favorite mini-series of all time Manny. Terri Garber should have had a bigger career than she did. She was wonderful on Texas in the mid-80's, and then went on to do a few things in primetime and really made a splash in North and South. But she just virtually disappeared afterward.

The story also continues in North and South Book 2. Maybe they will air that there too.

• Members

SteveFrame, Terri Garber was recently on As the World Turns for about a year as Iris. I still love her - she was great as Ashton Maine!! I loved that mini-series, too. Lesley-Ann Down was Madeline - she was such a knockout!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I loved Book One the most. Book Two was great, but was less story and more on the Civil War. But, if edited together, they are my favorites after Roots.

North And South Book Three? Stay away from that at all cost. The all-time worse mini series in television history, bar none.

• Members

It ended on Thursday here... :D It was wonderful! I love it! :D :D

Roman, do you want the ending of the series? Here you are:

So the war ends and George leaves home to see his family. Virgilia is arrested for murdering her lover Sam and she is exectued by hanging. George decides to find Orry, who was missing after the war and he finds him in some hospital. They return together to Mont Royal (family Maine's estate). Earlier, Billy also returned to Mont Royal and reunited with Brett. Orry and George go to find Madeline in Charleston and they do, so Madeline and Orry reunite and come back to Mont Royal.

Charles went to find Augusta, but learned she died during labor, but she left him a son. Charles went to find the baby, who was taken by Augusta's cousins. After getting the child, Charles went back to Mont Royal too.

Before George, Orry and Madeline returned to Mont Royal, Salem Jones and his gang decided to burn Mont Royal. They went there and started trashing the place, as Billy, Charles, Brett and other tries to fight them. In the fight, Clarissa Maine got killed. Orry, George and Madeline returned just in the end to save others, but Mont Royal was burnt to the ground and Clarissa couldn't be saved.

Ashton wasn't seen in the last episode here...

Archived