Passions: Who's In, Who's Out

• Members

This is from TV Guide.com

Due to the significant budget cuts required to renew Passions, the NBC soap's cast is trimming down a touch. Here's a quick rundown on the status of a few Passions players:

Amelia Marshall, the artist also known as vengeful !@#$%^&*] Liz Sanbourne, is gone. Period.

Am I vexed? You better believe it! X-(

Head writer James E. Reilly opened up such delicious dramatic possibilities when he recently rewrote Liz's family tree so that Whitney and Chad aren't really siblings and their son, Miles, isn't an incest baby.

To recap, Chad is Liz's biological son, not Eve's. And it also turned out that Liz was adopted, so she and Eve aren't even blood sisters. Therefore, their kids are not related. The Chad 'n Whitney yuck factor is eliminated.

However, I feel that this twist could've also added fuel to Liz and Eve's longstanding rivalry. Don't forget that Liz has major abandonment issues — and learning she's adopted sure wouldn't help! Plus, Liz now has a grown son.

With the amazingly talented Amelia Marshall gone, Passions viewers will never enjoy the pleasure of watching Liz digest all of that explosive info and act upon it. What a terrible waste!

If excess baggage had to be jettisoned to save cash, I could could think of several Passions actors who should've been cut before Marshall. But I won't name names. Moving on...

In other news, John Reilly (Alistair Crane) vanishes from the Passions canvas along with his crazy daughter Beth and little Marty on July 17. And Sharon Wyatt — who played Alistair's freaky long-lost lover, Rachel — has already quietly faded away.

Now that they're unemployed, there has been recent buzz about Reilly and Wyatt returning to General Hospital as supercouple Sean and Tiffany Donely. It would be great to see them go back to their '80s retro roots, but so far, it's just talk. Stay tuned.

And what about Rodney Van Johnson, whose T.C. Russell character recently ended up hospitalized after a drunk-driving accident? Good news! Van Johnson's still on contract and, word is, T.C. will be featured in story at least through this summer.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Liz thing also upsets me because she never thought she could have a child. Well, aside from her delicious venom against Eve, Amelia could have also shown a softer, mothering side of Liz, upon learning that yes, she in fact does have a child!

And RACHEL is out?!! Already?! Are you kidding me?!! It almost makes me wonder what was the POINT of "Passions Red?" Just to be a cool, hooded character who fades away into oblivion just a few months after we learn her identity?!! [!@#$%^&*]!!!

• Members

The Liz thing is stupid. Now we know Chadney was a rewrite because if it was planned they would never have let Liz go and then did the reveal. If they wanted to get rid of Liz, they should have at least gave us some resolution with all this and have Liz go all out bonkers and die or something.

Rachel was pointless. What a waste of a fantastic actress. They did all that to get the chemistry of Wyatt and Reilly back on daytime hoping to get some GH fans and it flopped. I know Wyatt had an arrangement not to be seen much but this was a total waste and the show has no idea what to do with her.

I already see the writing on the wall for TC. He will be gone by the end of summer I think.

• Members

It upsets me that they let Liz go without finishing everythin with her. If they were going to let her go they shouldv'e just gotten this whole thing about shooting Julian and attacking Alistar two times out in the open and sent her to jail after finsihing all those other loose ends up with her. Now with Beth I wish they would just get Marty back and either kill Beth off or put her in jail because I think that the writers would want to nring her back someday so they need to just put that wacko in jail. And as for Rachel.... WHY IN THE WORLD DID THEY EVEN BRING HER ON IN THE FRST PLACE THEN!???!!! She was a good actress and I think they let her go beause they couldn't figure out a storyline for her and they needed to cut some people so they chose her but really.... the only thing that she did that was critical was tell Sheridan and Chris about that island by Hawaii that where Luis was and that makes me feel like those moths of wondering who the mystery woman was was a waste.

• Members

Rachel's gone...yet more proof (as if Vendetta weren't enough) that storylines should never be planned around a sponsor and a desire to get people to go to the website.

Also: LAZY. At least crap out some kind of farewell scenes for Liz and Rachel. Not that I liked either character, as both did little but destroy the backstory (especially Liz and her introduction to Eve's family via The Flashback O'Racist Cliches which...to subject me to that and dump Liz...jackass writers), but to waste the opportunity for some good drama- to waste a chance at showing us that they know how to finish something- is ridiculous. Like "Kay" and her amnesia couldn't take a backseat for a couple of days. Like the proven-to-be endless and unchanging Theresa/Ethan/Gwen stuff couldn't use a rest. Like it would take more than a handful of scenes to craft something interesting.

And usually I give soaps a pass with the whole "budget cuts" thing, but they could've seen this coming, what with the ratings, and prepared. Plus it's tough to imagine any of the people cut are making significant salaries.

So thanks, people who "write" the show. I eagerly await the next round of character cuts, hoping that maybe you'll take the opportunity to wrap something up. Especially seeing how you just undid the only thing you really did complete- telling us who Eve and Julian's child is.

• Members

Ugh. These are the WRONG cuts. I understand budget and everything, but UGH.

I'm especially pissed at how shitty Amelia Marshall was treated. She was fantastic as Liz. She really got to shine and made even the shitty writing come out good with her acting. And now that Chad is Liz and Alistair's son, what do they do but get rid of his parents?! Sheesh ... how stupid.

• Members

She played a good Liz and I wish they did more with her and Antonio after she came to Harmony because I saw a connection there and when Antonio died she was crushed and said that he was the only man she ever truly loved.

• Members

Amelia Marshall is amazing... and I've always rooted for Liz against Eve and Julian. Though, the over-the-top Julian-raping Liz... not so much.

They went out of their way to make Liz an insane maniac, when she was just a delusional, yet hurt and abandoned person out for revenge.

And good riddance to Rachel... Sharon Wyatt was wasted, and it would've been the same effect if some no-name played Rachel. Hopefully K-Mart follows Rachel into oblivion.

• Members

The Liz thing pisses me off the most. They opened major story possibilities and they cut her. They haven't even explained where she is or will they even do that? Same with Rachel even though I could care less.

Beth will be back. I give the show 3-4 months before she returns again with her mother and Norma. Passions always does stuff like that for the holidays.

I know they had to make cuts but they should at least give us some resolution. This is so lazy and pathetic. They could just have had Liz go pyscho or something and then die. Rachel could have went to Rome to stop Al and died somehow. No resolution is just so stupid.

Glad Al is gone but I can totally see him returning with Beth and Marty sometime soon.

Archived