DAYS: Promo for week of June 26th

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'm one of the few Patrick supporters. Granted, he's useless (he didn't need to be) but I like him, maybe it's because of Brody. Anyway ... I HATE another WTD storyline! UGH!

It's obvious what will happen. Bo and Hope prepare to reconcile, Hope finds out she's pregnant, "realizes" it's Patricks, and either lies to Bo, or tells him and they break up again over it. Cue another six months of angst ... probably a marriage, and then the truth comes out. Now, that's how JER would write it. LOL. Let's see how Hogan deals with it, but I can see him doing the same thing, frankly.

Guest LuisFancyLover69

That would be a stretch considering Hope has almost hated Bo's guts and wouldn't even let him touch her until just recently..

KristianFan: I think it has to do with the fact that some "Days" fans (and soap fans in general) believe it's a mortal sin to have a non-supercouple (or the perceived 'anti-couple) share a child. To their credit, it's something of a soap opera rule. Take "Passions" for example: JER can say it's a twist all he likes, but there is a REASON he is (and surely knew he would be) making Little Ethan, Ethan and Theresa's son, just like there's a reason Ethan and Gwen can never have children together, and even if they do somehow get pregnant (as some out-there rumors suggest may be happening), something bad will happen. That's because they're not the rooting couple. And for some reason, some soaps follow that trend. Giving babies only to the rooting couple. If this baby IS patrick's, with JER writing, I would expect him to kill it or have Hope miscarriage. But with the new writers, who knows?

• Members

I hope Hope miscarries and/or dies. Because I'm cruel, and because I would absolutely love to see the fallout.

If Hope were to live- Alfonso proved she could kick ass at the beginning of the year, and I would like to see that again towards the end of the year, if for no other reason than to show people what Days actors can do when called upon.

If Hope were to die, it would free up the budget and the canvas. It could resonate with Hope's history (her mother got struck by a car pushing Hope's carriage out of the way, didn't she?). And it could provide some outstanding material for the other actors on the show.

• Members

I guess I'm riled up about it because it isn't the story we were promised. They split up Bo and Hope by killing off Zach, just as an excuse to bring Patrick into Hope's life. (If you think I'm piling on Days, naa. Y&R did the same thing with Nick/Phyllis/Sharon when they killed off Cassie.) This story could have had much more life to it, more promise, and instead I feel like the viewers were handed a bag of fertilizer.

Wonder if that was what tipped Corday's mind in the direction of change. Guess we'll never know.

Archived