AMC: The great Jill Larson GONEl More to follow

• Members

Yes folks you may well have seen the last of the great Jill Larson (Opal). She has been let go and it is up in the air as to whether she will continue on recurring. ABC has not offered recurring explicitly and presumably she has not inquired about it. THIS SUCKS. Jill Larson is one of the best actresses in daytime...remember those scenes in Palmer's secret room during the stolen paintings storyline (material I will always be grateful to McTavish for giving her).

I hope for Jill's sake another soap picks her up. I can't believe Tad's mom might be gone for good. She and MEK were so funny together.

Less significantly Tonya Pinkins is also out, and again recurring is not a guarantee. That's right, she's gone as her son joins the show :angry: . Guess that's why they didn't make him Jamal initially.

This is all per SOW which warns more heads will roll in the coming weeks. No it's not going to be the smart choices like Amanda or Del. James Mitchell is next (not per SOW but I trust this source).

The sad thing? No way is this McTavish's doing. She loves Opal and Palmer.

Yes they're hardly on but it does have an impact I believe when people like this are let go, people who can make any scene better, any story better by their mere presence in a scene.

I'm truely scared for this show, because even if McTavish ever goes there's a whole other problem with ABC/Frons/Disney. For a long time AMC remained immune from the type of slashing seen at GH (and to a lesser extent OLTL). But it looks like that is over.

Also, Cam talks with Carolyn H about his story and basically disagrees with the route the writers have taken in having him be in love with Kendall because she's Kendall rather than it being about her being the mother of his child. Add another staunch McT fan to the unhappy list.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All this info is from the new SOW, Agnes?

True and it's an enormous problem. I only hope DOOL'S changes and momentum will turn into something that erodes ABC'd demo successes which is where Fronsie has to be hit and hit hard.

Cam is really pushing things, isn't he? I am proud of that boy, he's earning more and more of my respect. Speak out! Bad Writing is killing characters and viewers alike.

Sucks terribly but it's not unexpected about Jill or James should he go. Dropping Tonya when her son is cominng aboard? Stupid, insulting, silly and totally expected in Fronsie's Whiter than White ABCD and AMC.

Can't have a new black character without taking another away (well two if you count Dani...another stupid reason to get rid of her when a family member is coming aboard) that would throw off the undiversified bizarro feng shui. Maybe a six-pack AA hunk = for two AA female characters?

And Jamal is all for little Erin Lavery. Bleh. They're investing too much in Erin and connie Fletcher, imo.

• Members

Minus the James Mitchell being among the future heads to roll and my interjected commentary yes this is in SOW.

I should clarify I've been told Mitchell may not be "next" but will be among the heads to roll. I don't know if that's an important distinction. It's hard to tell who is up soon because they got rid of both Jill and Tonya at the end of a random 13 week cycle rather than the actual end of their contracts.

• Members

So I guess Petey is not coming then. I thought that had been the rumor for awhile. I can't believe they would get rid of two mothers when their sons are coming on.

Unless they start using Brooke more than they have the few times I have watched with Mom, I don't expect them to renew her contract either when it comes up this year.

• Members

Sucks about Jill and Tonya, this is all Frons' doing :angry:

From Proteus at Soapzone:

Carolyn: Do you think Ryan is falling in love with Kendall for Kendall? Or is he falling in love with her because she's the mother of his child?

Cameron: Without a doubt, it's because Kendall is the mother of his child.

Carolyn: That's not how they're writing it.

Cameron: I know. But you asked me what I thought. I think the triangle is most interesting when Ryan's love is for the child. The feelings he has for his baby he has never, ever experienced before. He has never allowed himself to. He always had this wall of resistance up. That's 100 why. Obviously he's got a love for Kendall and a strong history with her, but it's because of the emotional connection to the baby that he's now convincing himself that he is falling in love with Kendall.

Carolyn: Any mention of Ryan's TRUE LOVES Gillian or Greenlee in any of this?

Cameron: Not a one.

Carolyn: That's too bad.

Cameron: I know.

AMC's Dixie and Tad Swept Away

Dixie's the chick this week when she receives a buss from not one but two men: David and Tad! David knows Dixie is vulnerable right now, so he decides to seduce her. MMT says that David's passion for Dixie has returned full-tilt. David wants Dixie more than anything on Earth. Unfortunately for David, Tad interrupts them and exposes David's duplicity to Dixie. She storms out, and Tad tracks her down. They argue. Again. But then the heated words turn to just plain...heat. MMT says that T/D are in that love/hate place. They still love one another. She says she doesn't know how they couldn't, given their history. But they aren't ready to accept that, so they pull away pretty quickly. MMT says that there are moments to come where we think, "My God, that love is going to come back." There are also moments where Dixie's decision to give up their daughter is very difficult for Tad to get over. The search for Kate-and what people do to find Kate-will cause all sorts of shifts in the relationships between Tad and Di, Tad and Dixie, and Dixie and David. Yep, don't count out Dr. Hayward just yet. MMT says that David is clever, smart, and devious. And when he's in love, watch out!

Out:

Jill Larson and Tonya Pinkins have been dropped from AMC. A rep says they may continue to appear in a recurring basis. With five new contract players added to the already large cast this summer, insiders warn more heads will be rolling in the coming weeks.

Sneak Peek:

Ryan refuses a paternity test on Spike.

Erin dumps Aidan.

Kendall defends Zach in court.

Amanda busts Jonathan.

Babe and JR have sex.

Can't Miss: Friday, June 30

Greg's situation goes from bad to worse.

Week Of July 3: Dixie makes an extraordinary request of David. Kendall grows suspicious of Zach. Josh is hell-bent on revenge.

• Members

I swear if Alec Musser makes it past the 1 year mark I'm going to be pissed. What a waste of money. They should quickly pair him and Amanda so we know Amanda gets a happy ending and then have them leave town together. There's 2 newbie paychecks opened up. They're never going to use Simone so they may as well get rid of her. That's three. They botched up Julia's return and she's making at least 2 newbie paychecks. So there you go: 5 spots opened up, no need to get rid of any vets. Why is it so difficult?

• Members

*sigh*

Let me get this ABSOLUTELY straight.

Jill Larson is gone. That means to me, even if I get my Sorased Petey...Opal won't be a commanding force in his story? Forget all that, Opal won't be around for her one liners and to be Erica's bestest friend in the whole world. Idiots.

Tonya Pinkins...well she deserves more than All My Children (so does Jill), the week I saw her on network television more times than I saw her on AMC in a month, I knew AMC wasn't worth shyt. Oh and this is a perfect example of who's family AMC cares about, how in the heck do you expand your black family; but have 2 members of said family heading for the door? Just what sense does that make?

AMC has idiots running their show and Frons...I loathe him and everything that he stands for. Loser.

Oh as for the spoilers and the stories...I could care less. Same crap, different day, same players.

• Members

yeah what is up with the newbie overload? it makes zero sense if they want to add a couple young people okay but at last count i think it was like 7 new people and we can't have opal & Livia and we never see simone. ugh!!

• Members

I'm not surprised about this. A few months ago Cam said in another interview that Ryan's love will be about the baby only, as well as loving the Kendall as the baby's mother. Cam also stated that this would disappoint a lot of fans.

I also noted on another one of our posts that because of TK this is why they are having Ryan fall in love with Kendall as insurance.

This new found love is obviously a surprise to the actor as well and it is a direction that he doesn't want to go.

Archived