AMC:SOW spoilers and Thorsten info...

• Members

Word, I couldn't agree more! :D

I'm willing to take the chance. I'm willing to risk the idea that another writer could make things, worse, though from where I'm sitting, that can't be done. I truly fear for AMC if MMT is allowed to continue as HW. Josh and Trevor are proof that MMT knows no bounds, and she'll do whatever she chooses.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol, I'm with you. I don't think it can get worse. I truly don't. I think MMT has set a new standard. There's a difference between the fans being unhappy and the cast being unhappy. And the cast in unhappy, that means things are about as bad as they can get.

• Members

Yikes! Hopefully TK is worth more to ABC than McTavish is because damn he does not sound pleased! And really why should he be? I know I am known around these boards as one of the AMC defenders but I am not sutpid and I know that a writing change is needed. I am not sure how much better it will get with a new writer but I am willing to give it a shot because frankly McT has just [!@#$%^&*] run out of luck when it comes to this show. Alot of viewers are angry and now apparently actors are very angry as well. That spells asbsolute disaster and if backstage morale is not good the work is going to suffer and working relationships will suffer.... so I hope Cady's "[!@#$%^&*] brewing" is in fact McTavish getting ushered out the door. I am always up for someone to breathe life back into the show. I still am always gonna get something out of AMC but I know I could get alot more so I hope Thorsten gets what he wants.... he is far to valuable of an actor to let go over keeping McTavish around.

• Members

Don't take offense to this but some of you are Zendall fans. You are getting so much Zendall right now. Why are you so desperate for a change?

I want a new writer because I believe Megan has hacked the show to pieces. But the big Zendall fanbase should be happy as that is what is playing out on the screen day after day.

• Members

I agree that Thorsten is very valuable as an actor. But something tells me that TPTB will find him expendable. It's like working for any corporation, management(the writers) will stay and the works will be let go. It is only when management causes the company to loose profits will changes be made at the top. So if ratings are satisfactory to whom ever makes that decision then changes will come from below (the actors) unfortunately and not the writing staff

• Members

Nowadays, AMC has turned into a MadTV parody of AMC. The show both on screen and presumably off has turned into a big ship without an anchor, kind of like a real life Poseidon Adventure. When TK AND WW are getting PO'd about the writing, then something needs to be done. McTavish is past her prime and is turning into the biggest hack who isn't at NBCDaytime. I mean, Guza and Pratt wouldn't even [!@#$%^&*] this show up the way it's getting fucked up now, and I lobsterhate GH! I wouldn't even wish McTavish on my own worst enemy. Let's pray for AMC, 'cuz God knows it needs a ton of 'em.

• Members

GH fans will probably blow a gasket if McTavish is let go before Guza. With GH's cast, they should be ahead of B&B. The sloppy writing is what holds GH back.

ETA: Actually the sloppy writing is what holds all three shows back at ABC.

• Members

All ABC soaps are doing horribly in terms of being what they should be, treatment of veterans, distribution of airtime etc but in terms of stupid, amateurish writing AMC takes the cake. GH is my soap currently and yes its far (FAR) from what it used to be but at least it doesn't feel like its being written by someone using crayons (and in that I'm referring particularly to dialogue, but plot as well) .

In retrospect of earlier posts, I don't think this TK thing is going to do much in getting us closer to the goal of a McT free AMC. No actor has more pull with Frons than Maurice Benard and when Maurice wanted to save Jennifer Bransford as Carly, Frons slammed the door in his face. Frons is Big Daddy and *nobody* pressures him to do anything.

But its a significant step. It might get a few more actors to speak out....the press may be more critical because they like the actors alot more than they like TPTB...and things continue to escalate. Eventually something will have to be done if Frons has any desire to see AMC succeed.

Archived